“My Stay”

Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“My Stay”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was a wonderful hotel. The service was great, the lobby was beautiful and I wish I could have stayed longer. I had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant downstairs and it was GREAT!! I was there for business, but definitely would love to have stayed longer to enjoy the indoor pool. It was in great location for privacy, yet, not far from the mall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Terri D
Tara T, Property Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. We apprecaite the feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the food in the Bistro that is open for breakfast and dinner each day. Please let us know te next time you are in the area and hopefully the pool will be open for you to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
fletcher
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is close to RDU and lots of businesses in the RTP. There is a Sheetz about 2 miles up the road and I love Sheetz, so that was a plus. Room was comfortable and everything was fine. Staff was very nice and warm. Only drawback was the only entrance was in the front..no side or rear access so if you park in the back you have to walk all the way around to the front to get in, but i guess that's good for security, but a card access door in the back would be nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank steve p
Dear Steve P.,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding our hotel. The hotel is very close to many RTP businesses and it makes it convenient for the guest that stay with us. We do have around the clock security and entrances in the front and on the side of the hotel. Our friendly staff strives to make sure every guest enjoys their stay. Please let us know the next time you are in the area.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Title says it all. This hotel is average. Rooms were quiet. HVAC worked well.

Few places within <2 miles to eat expect fast door or low-end places.

Ok for a 1 night biz trip. If a longer trip, an alt location may be better.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tara T, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. We appreciate your comments. There are places to eat and shop nearby but we also have a new Bistro that serves breakfast and dinner. It's very convenient for the guest that wants to stay in. Please let us know the next time you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few weekends ago with my husband and two children when we were without power due to an ice storm. The hotel has been remodeled within the past few years. The room was nice and clean. The bathroom was a little spartan but clean. The hotel offered a rate which included breakfast for two adults with children dining for free. This was a good value for the price. The cafe in the hotel is a cross between a fast service place and a full restaurant with some hot dining items and grab and go items. It worked for our family and it had power, heat and internet so it met all our needs for the weekend. If you are in town to see the sights, I would recommend a hotel closer to town within walking distance of some attractions but if you are in the area for business in RTP, it is a perfect location with nice amenities. The fitness room was very nice and I took advantage of it to get a run in on the treadmill. The front desk staff was friendly, which is always a positive for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly P
Dear Tarheel 21,

Thank you for the feedback regarding our hotel the Courtyard RTP/Durham. We appreciate it! So glad you and your family had a nice stay with a clean room. Our friendly staff strives to take care of every guest. Please let us know the next time you are in the area.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have been staying with Marriott for years, whether it is for business travel or personal. But my stay this past weekend has truly been one of my best stays EVER. I typically stay in full service Marriott’s and chose this one because it was closer to my destination. I was greeted with a friendly "good morning" by the young lady at the front desk. Siobhan was very pleasant and enthusiastic about helping me with directions and places to visit and eat while in town. There was an error on my bill and she was swift about correcting the issue and very apologetic. My room was very clean and spacious...the price wasn’t bad either! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tara T, Property SalesCoordinator at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Monica,
Thank you for taking the time and giving us feedback regarding our hotel in Durham/RTP. We are glad you experienced our helpful and attentive staff. The hotel's Bistro is opening for breakfast and dinner and there are many food options for our guests. Please let us know the next time you are in the area.
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Your typical CM near RTP & RDU. Has a small fitness room with (4) exercise machines. The lobby has been renovated and now has the "Courtyard Cafe".

I had one issue with the property: the cafe was understaffed during evening hours. It took 15-20 minutes to get food and saw one customer that had to wait over 20 minutes for drink he had ordered. I ended up going to market at front desk and bought dinner from the fridge; just a little disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Antonio L, Operations Supervisor at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear elon94,
I would like to thank you for making the Durham Research Triangle Park Courtyard by Marriott your hotel of choice while visiting Durham, NC! It is our duty to ensure everyone has a wonderful experience at our Courtyard -- and unfortunately, you were not pleased with the service provided in the Bistro. It is our responsibility for all orders to be delivered in a timely matter, and I would like to personally ensure that during your next visit you will receive speedy and efficient service!

In the mean time, if there is anything I can do to be of further assistant or even help plan your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me.

At Your Service,
Antonio Locus, Operations Supervisor
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2014

As a Marriott Rewards member, I am often spoiled by the friendly service and great facilities at each hotel. While the service at the Courtyard RTP was indeed friendly, the room was just okay. Of course, a room at a Marriott that's just okay is usually better than other hotel chains. There's just nothing special at this Courtyard. As the title implies, we needed a room for the night, so the Courtyard served its purpose. In retrospect, we should have stayed at the Residence Inn right next door where we could have gotten a 2-room suite and a free hot breakfast for just a little more money. If a free hot breakfast is important to you, then Courtyard is not the way to go.
All of this negative talk is not to suggest that our experience was bad - it wasn't. The hotel was fine for an overnight stay. There is a Chick-fil-A right across the street.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tara T, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Stormcrow8,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard Durham-RTP. We appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and experienced our friendly staff and great service. The Bistro serves breakfast and dinner with many food options. Please let us know the next time you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you at one of our Marriott hotels in Durham-RTP.