“An Okay Restaurant”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have been to Mt. Fuji several times for dinner. It has good seating--a little better than its chief competitor Sushi Love. The atmosphere is sophisticated. The bar scene is also good--especially since the restaurant sometimes turns into a club at night. The sushi is good with the buy-one-get-one-free deal. However, the other entrees are overpriced for what you get. The service often ranges from being average to being very good, and it depends on who you get. It is located in Brightleaf, which is a lovely area in Durham.

1  Thank Sam44586

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Went to get some food to go. They said buy one get one free is only dine in. Could not understand so asked why. I pay the same amount. Why not? Hostess said she didn’t know the reason and asked the bartender why. Bartender didn’t seem to know the reason either but said “you eat/drink more when you eat in so you get that special”. Well, but I do eat, drink same regardless. When you do something special for your customers, please train your staff so they know what to answer to them. And if you are not going to do special for takeout, Pease find some better reasons.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

After reading some of the other reviews I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the food was very very good. We sampled some sushi and some thai dishes, and they were all really good, and we had great service (even with a party of 12). If you are in this area (as we are
staying at the Marriott) it is close by and very good!

1  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I had no idea it would be difficult to find a place to eat in Durham on Sunday evening, but it seems to be the night that most of the good independent restaurants are closed. We felt fortunate to find Mt. Fuji in Brightleaf Square open!

My daughter, a student at Duke, had eaten here before, and she assured me we would like it. She was right! Delicious options on the menu, moderate to slightly high prices for what we received, but great food and more than we could eat. My daughter had the Orange Chicken and I ordered the Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice. Both were delicious, and we had enough to take home for a late night snack the following night.

Service was fine, but not amazing. The decor was nice, but nothing unusual. Food, however, was very good. The location in Brightleaf Square was convenient and attractive.

All in all, a better than good experience. Give it a try!

1  Thank LyndaWV
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Ate with kids and my two children (under 13) were happy with the chicken and shrimp lo mein. Wife and I ordered a spicy ocean roll (a must have) and a unagi roll. additionally our two orders of sashimi were comped... why? Not sure, but it may have had to do with a lunch special... The tobiko and eel sashimi were even tastier since they were free.

Service was prompt and the lunch specials came with a ginger salad and also the other do-not-miss, the coconut soup. That was one heck of a soup. Next visit we will do the coconut soup and the Spicy Ocean Roll for sure.

1  Thank JPSaleebyMD