“summer treat”

Ranked #5 of 23 Dessert in Durham
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This place is open only during the summer. Sometimes I would take the kids there for a cheap treat that they love. The popsicles are delicious!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Every time I go to LocoPops I try something new but always come back to Cherry Lime flavor. Somehow, savory popsicles just don't sit well with me. And the Mexican chocolate is so rich I can't finish it. Give me refreshing Cherry Lime any day!

2  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 27 July 2012

great creative flavors, cheaper at the original shop than other vendors, but the shop itself is kind of a dive

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were visiting the Durham area from Maryland and were told about Locopops by someone else visiting the area, so we had to stop there when we passed it on the way back from sightseeing to our hotel. The Mexican chocolate paleta was delicious--like a gourmet Fudgesicle. They had lots of other interesting flavors that I would have liked to try. Too bad they are only available locally.
Only negative is that the store had an odd smell--sort of chemical? I'm not sure what it was but wouldn't want to eat in the store. While I was there a couple of people came in to get bags of Locopops to go--seems like a good idea if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

These Mexican paletas come in milk-based and water-based flavors. The combinations are unusual and wonderful. I can always count on the Mexican chocolate (chocolate and cinnamon - not too sweet). They even have treats for dogs.