“my new favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a locally owned sandwich and breakfast cafe located inside a gift shop. There is a great covered deck to eat outside too. The food is always excellent, fresh and generous. The staff is friendly and free coffee refills. A favorite place.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This a really cute counter service spot that also sells candy, home goods, wine, etc. The sandwiches are great! It is a fun place to shop and eat. Not cheap, but worth it!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This spot is a true gem of Durham. Best for brunch but great anytime. Come with the family, for a business meeting or just to shop their sundries. This place has it all.

I love everything about the ultra-fresh, local and creative dishes. Supporting local farmers is important to me and i prefer to patronize the businesses that think the same. The coffee is great and the pastries are always well made and tasty. I prefer to dine outside on their patio.

I frequently recommend this place to my friends and family and will continue to do so.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This review is for the retail gift shop element of Parker & Otis as I have never dined there. The merchandise sold at P&O is gold for any occasion where you need a "fun" gift for a female. I went there to get a Mother's Day gift and got a great Jonathan Adler item for my Mom plus a Scout bag for my girlfriend. While the store is somewhat pricey, the items are of solid quality and guaranteed to please the lady in your life. Plus the folks at the register are pros at gift wrapping...definitely a plus if you're a guy. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The only critique I have is that it is a very self serve atmosphere. The food was good and we never felt rushed.