Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
US$226
US$91
US$225
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I arrived at this Extended Stay because I got caught in a snowstorm and this was one of the closest hotels. The facility is very simple and the room ("suite" because it has kitchen appliances) was also simple--but everything except for one lamp worked well. The television was excellent and the Internet access was free. The heating was a bit old-fashioned (the thermostat had been disconnected for some reason). But the staff was wonderful--explaining the nature of the services, providing me with a "care package" of food, and sympathizing with my situation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Jane - I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience at our property. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff offered you excellent service during the severe snow storm going on at that time. I’m also delighted to hear that we were able to assist in keeping you safe during such inclement weather. Your comments are most sincere, and I will be sure to share them with my staff.

Thank you again, and please feel free to contact me if I can assist you with any future reservations.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I was looking for a temporary place to stay kind of longterm (3 weeks) and I usually use Airbnb. I took a chance on the cheapest express deal on Priceline for the area at $22 per night and wound up here. Could not be better. Just off the I-40 right inside Research Triangle Park, it has everything I need. Dropped my water bill, my electric, and my cable bill. Might even find a job right next door so I don't need a car or car insurance. I might live here for the rest of my life. Free wi-fi, and the kitchenette is awesome in this place with a little dining island. The bed is new and firm, and I sleep like a rock because it is quiet. Hot water is set so you can just crank it all the way on and it is just short of steamy. Knocking on Heaven's door.

Room Tip: Don't be alarmed, wi-fi says innflux with many nodes at different signal strength.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

I'm extremely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the amenities we had to offer. I'm also glad that you felt our property was a great value and located in an area that was convenient to your needs. I will definitely share your comments with my staff. They always look forward to feedback from our guests.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just wrote detailed review. Roaches in bathroom, broken door lock, dirty furnitures, dirty stairs, outside property, missing appliances, the only good thing was friendly staff, I was afraid to towels after seeing bathroom conditions. Bath tub and walls were full with scum.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Deepak K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Deepak - I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness your experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. Please know, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am taking your comments very seriously and working with the staff to enhance our cleaning services. As well, our staff is currently providing the hotel with a deep clean so that future guests are not affected by the same issue.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give our company another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions or concerns.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had a rocky start as the toilet draining all night and the heater did not automatically turn on. However, once I mentioned the issues they were resolved immediately. The staff was great. I wish we would have had an oven but we made it work with only a stove.

I was with my 6 year old, so safety was a major concern. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone who is looking to spend as little as possible while not sacrificing safety or cleanliness.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Lori - I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our property, and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the responsiveness of our staff. While I am sorry that there was an issue with the toilet and heater in your room upon arrival, I am very glad that our team was able to remedy the issues in a timely manner. As well, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your sincere comments, and I hope we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and the room was clean, spacious and the staff was friendly. I was told at check in that if I was not happy with my room to call the front desk and they will take care of the problem. Great customer service! The bathroom did not have a hair dryer but I brought my own. The room came with a small kitchen which is great if you spend more than one night. The bed and matress was very comfortable. There were some cigarette butts on the stairs and in front of the doors but you will find those almost anywere since some people that do smoke are inconsiderate and litter the butts. I would def. recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a cheaper hotel in town. Thank you for making my stay a comfortable one.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room if you do not smoke.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback on the experience you had while staying at the Extended Stay America RTP in Durham, NC. We are pleased to read that you found your suite to be clean and comfortable. Our staff strives to provide a great experience for all guests and we are pleased we achieved this goal during your stay. Also, I am glad that you found our full kitchens to be an added value. Responses like yours shows our team that their hard work is paying off and that our guests appreciate great service. We will use your feedback to continue making this property an outstanding value for our guests.

Thanks again for your business, and we hope we can be of service to you again in the future.