Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.
Ranked #56 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Princeton, West Virginia, United States
“Good for the price”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed for several weeks during treatment at Duke Med Center. The price was very good, negotiated through the hospital. The full kitchen allowed me to cook and save money while I was having treatment. Lots of shopping nearby, restaurants and grocery within walking distance. Friendly staff.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Granite Falls, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Homestead Hotel on Ivy Creek Blvd Durham N.C.:I am a smoker.so we get a smoking room,but the room when i go in smells so good the air is clean smelling. I can cook our meals that saves us a lot of money,and I am able to take what I need for the kitchen that makes me more comfortable cooking. We have a new flat screen TV,and really all the convenience of home,There internet connection is very good.I for one really do like homestead.The stores are very close if you want to walk to them and there are eating places close by.The only thing I don`t like is the bar I would like to have a table instead but that is the only thing I would change if i could.The air and heat works very good never had problem with it.The up stairs has very nice rooms but we can`t go up and down stairs so the rooms we get are good ones to we are very satisfied .Yes we will be staying again

Room Tip: rooms on south side are quieter and higher floors you don`t have noise over your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Excellent accomodations for the price. The Kitchenette is very helpful in reducing meal costs with travel. Staff very attentive, friendly and helpful. Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC uses this hotel for patients, so you know it is good. Have shuttle also to the hospital. Shopping center within 1/2 mile with grocery store and several restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sdmmmiller
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd., responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I'm thrilled that the staff took great care of you and you enjoyed the location and the amenities provided. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 March 2013

First off, I am a smoker. So, I got a smoking room, and of course it smelled a little smoky. But that is to be expected. Nice extended-stay room. Had big flat screen TV, a bar, kitchenette, full fridge, stove, microwave, and all kitchenware provided. You could live here, essentially. I got a great deal with my flight on Priceline.com for only $29 per night. Right next door is a supermarket and a CVS pharmacy. Nice.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. It is nestled in a valley of pine trees away from the road. When you come i...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KMartinGardner
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the amenities provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Basic hotel that is pretty clean. Nice to have a kitchenette. Multiple problems with heating and ventilation systems malfunctioning or not working. A colleage of mine also staying here also had problems with a non-working heating system in their room. Also had a plumbing problem that could not be remedied because of lack of maintenance staff on site. Would only stay here again if I couldn't find another hotel in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there were issues with your heating system. In response to your feedback, I am having all units reviewed by an outside vendor to make sure we resolve any issues there may be. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kmaile@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stay at this motel at least twice a year and have always had very good service. They have a great medical rate which helps very much. We travel 200 miles each way just for doctors visits and every cent saved is a plus. The rooms are always very clean and in working order and have free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: We need a handicap room with walk-in shower which is available.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd., responded to this review, 8 February 2013
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Check in was fast,friendly and professional, the room was very clean set up very nice we had a full kitchen and stocked with just about everything we needed, such as dishes , pots, pans, and utensils! it was just a pure pleasure to stay at Homestead Suites, my husband is very ill, and we had to go to the hospital in Durham for his treatments and it was very comforting to us to come to our "Home"away from home, also very conveinently located next to a shopping center!

Room Tip: Just look for the Homestead Suites sign you will get a good room!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt at home during a difficult time. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.