“NIce Hotel for Price”

Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We have stayed here a few times. The front staff is always pleasant and the front lobby is attractive and well maintained. No fenced parking, and I would imagine cars would be broken into from time to time but we were able to park directly in front. Rooms are clean. Hotel and convenient to the Interstate. A little bit of Interstate noise and can hear the people in the rooms next to you. Note that if you are traveling down I-85 S and get off the Hillendale exit, it looks as if you can go straight through the light and turn right into the hotel. Do NOT do this, however, as there is no turn and you will again be traveling down I-85 S

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Dracodad

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Sebastian at the front desk, with the phone ringing and the people piling up managed to keep a smile and people patient while he helped them one by one. He was great and not only had that smile, but, a nice sense of humor also:) Also, I asked for additional coffee's and they brought it to my room within 5 minutes. I've stayed here before and have not been disappointed. Rooms are clean and personnel are friendly. Free Wireless in the rooms (that works well). Easy choice to make to stay here.

Reviewed 18 March 2011

I travel basically every week and have stayed at this hotel alot over the years including a few renovations. The facility is older but they have managed to keep it clean and inviting which, I can personally say from experience, is not always the case at other hotels.

But the main strength is the staff from housekeeping, management, to the front desk. I've been coming here for more than 5 years and Tony who works the front desk has always been one of the reasons I return. He treats everyone with the utmost respect and has never failed to take care of me and the other guests. Also, Sabastian is a great asset to the Marriott chain. The rest of the staff is just as pleasant and attentive, I just end up seeing these two the most over the years.

The only negative during my last visit was the incredibly slow internet connection. So slow, I had to use my own wireless internet connection.

Final note is the hotel is above average and the staff one of the best I have had the pleasure to meet.

Reviewed 14 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for two nights while he was having treatments at Duke Medical Center. It is a couple miles away from Duke but the road where it is runs directly into the front door of Duke Medical Center. Very convenient .
The staff was friendly and efficient. Tony gave us a great recommendation on restaurants. Papa's Grill right across the street from the hotel. It was wonderful. They also offer a Medical Rate that is quite a savings. We will need to be going back to Duke for medical treatment and you can be sure we will be staying at the Marriott Courtyard.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

The service of the staff was wonderful. Very helpful and considerate. My stay was an exhausting 27 days due to the hospitalization of my husband at Duke University. Cleanliness and comfort was a plus. Breakfast buffet awesome! Best food around! We have repeated our stay there and will continue to stay there due to the comfort, location, and service. However the walls and floors are alittle thin. Also there were some repairs going on, jacuzzi did not work and had some issue with the elevator and ice maker (minor compared to the extended stay) . Over all I felt very comfortable there and yes I will continue to stay there. Pricing was so so. I feel after initial 14 days of stay there should be an extended stay rate.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The rooms are spacious and clean, however a couple of issues. The air conditioning is so loud (Its those units against the window) it was hard to sleep. And noisy. You could hear water running and people slamming doors all night long. They have 2 computers free of charge downstairs for your use. But they are so slow it was very frustrating. The good thing is as a Marriott rewards holder the rooms were 85 a night. Only 10 minutes from campus so that is good. We were considering the Washington Duke hotel right at Duke but could not justify the $$$$ difference. We had dinner there one night and the attitude and demeanor of the staff was beyond over the top. Very upscale. If you want to spend the $$$ if your child is at Duke go for it. I guess the most important part of a hotel is sleep comfortability and it was really hard here at this Marriott

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Courtyard, Marriott from some years as we visit Duke Hospital. This is a great hotel. We are always very pleased with the excellent service at the restaurant from Mr. Reggie Johnson. He is very considerate and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business