“Beautiful!”

DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Durham
More attraction details
Owner description: This venue opened in 2009.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Friendly staff. Great seats! Wait in the lobby was comfortable with several different choices in drinks and snacks. Food and snacks a bit pricey.

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Great feedback on all fronts.

Our snacks and drinks are premium priced, but please know we work hard to ensure they are priced equal or in many cases less than other major sports and entertainment venues in the region. A food and beverage operation at any venue has very tight margins since the overhead includes the expense of a full staff, inventory and equipment costs, but sales can only occur for about 90 minutes on an event day. This short sales window is the driving factor in the prices you see at venues like DPAC.

Keep the feedback coming! We learn from every guest we hear from.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)
All reviews
"during intermission"
in 19 reviews
"cup holders"
in 14 reviews
"great place to see a show"
in 13 reviews
in 20 reviews
"first rate"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've been too DPAC numerous times and can't say a negative word about any of my experiences. Having sat in almost every area of the theater, no seat is a bad seat. Acoustics are great, venue is always neat and clean and all performances have been New York quality.

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. As a top contributor to Trip Advisor we know you have a discerning eye and your review speaks volumes. I hope we can be part of another special outing or event for you soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

they have the best shows, and performances. Usually a sell-out for most of the shows. people have a great time visiting with others during the intermission

1  Thank jancroft19
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you visit NC and you want to have the ultimate experience in live entertainment, you must visit DPAC. It is a wonderful venue to see live events, i.e., concerts, broadway plays, etc. It reminds me of NYC. DPAC has plenty of parking. They offer snacks and refreshments as well as stand-alone bars. If you're looking for good dining options, there are many restaurants in the area. Come to DPAC -- you won't be disappointed.

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thanks for this great review. Ultimate is a big adjective to live up to, but our team at DPAC is indeed dedicated to being the best place for live entertainment in the Triangle.

I am also so glad you mentioned the great nearby restaurants as part of your review.There are over a dozen walkable places to eat and drink before and sometimes after shows. In addition Durham boasts many highly rated restaurants that are just 5-10 minutes from the theater. You can find a nice list of options on our website.

Thanks again for the kind words!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The EOE is a great show put on by our own students from 4th grade to 12th grade. While the production is great I found the sound system to be a little lacking. The kids were great I just wish I could have heard them a little better. The auditorium is large and the seats were comfortable. The sound may be better for a Broadway show but I don't think I'll ever find out because the tickets are WAY TOO expensive for my family.

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

I appreciate this feedback and wanted you to know that seating for most Broadway shows start at about $30 to $40, but some shows are even less with prices at $25. And if you have students...seats for many shows start at just $20 each. We sometimes also have tickets that are half-priced for buyers with a Harris Teeter Vic Card.

Our Broadway shows are the biggest shows on tour and they are expensive for us to host. I do hope you have the chance to attend and know that we'll continue to do our best to offer a variety of prices for these big hit shows.