“A highly recommended getaway spot”

The King's Daughters Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Durham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“A highly recommended getaway spot”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I received a gift certificate and what a pleasant surprise it was. Couples who need time to focus on each other, look no further. This B&B was decorated to bring out its past with lots of modern amenities. Microfiber robes, big screen HDTV, full cable, iPads in every room. Port wine/chocolate service every night. Very friendly and quick service when needed, and gave lots of great recommendations for the Durham area. Eat the tikka chicken at Chubby's tacos, (thanks Colin!) We stayed in the Parrish suite, which was so cozy we cancelled our first nights plans and instead enjoyed a hot bath and champagne. Breakfast was awesome, I hope you get to try the stuffed French toast. The durham area also accommodated as a fine host with tons of great dining options (voted the "foodiest" small town in America) and great music venues. My wife and I plan on putting The King's Daughters Inn in our rotation of getaway spots. A++++

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Durham, NC
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I can't recommend King's Daughter's Inn highly enough. Every room is gorgeous and unique, breakfast is delicious, the location is perfect for access to Duke/Durham, and the value is exceptional. Romantic, but also just a nice place to rest after a workday of meetings in Durham.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The inn was decorated beautifully, had all the perfect amenities for a mini-retreat and the breakfast was outstanding. Within walking distance of many of Durham's highlights. Wholeheartedly recommend.

NC
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and I decided to spend our 5th anniversary at the King's Daughters Inn (full disclosure--I won a gift certificate for the stay). We live in Durham and had actually toured it when it was under renovation and being converted into an inn. The owners did an absolutely fantastic job with the renovations and the interior design. It is gorgeous, and they also added some 'green" features that really impressed me. There's a nice mix of historically appropriate decor and crisp modern details. The room included an iPad and a nice digital flat screen tv. The bed is triple-sheeted, translation: extremely clean and luxurious! We had a nice view of Duke East Campus across the street.
We took a pleasant walk through the charming historic neighborhood and down Main St. for a light supper at Toast and drinks at West End Wine Bar. It is also walking distance to many of Durham's foodie hot spots: Bar Mateo, Pizzaria Toro, Toast, Whiskey, Dos Perros, Scratch Bakery, Loaf, the Farmer's Market, Parker & Otis...You could also walk to DPAC but it is a bit far, very close if driving and we noticed they have a zipcar!
Lots of charming/romantic details like luxurious robes, port and chocolate with turndown service, even the old fashioned bell you ring when you arrive. The owner prepares a delicious hot breakfast with full menu, as well as an assortment of cold choices like cereal, fruit, scones, yogurt. The Inn was full on the Monday night we stayed and I noticed a mix of couples, business people, professor types, and a European family with teenage son in tow.
It really was absolutely lovely and I did not want to leave!

Room Tip: Inn is on a corner (faces a somewhat busy st., other street is quiet residential), so request a back...
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I are attorneys in eastern NC and wanted to have an intimate wedding at a special location that was reflective of our personalities. KDI was a pot of gold! Not only was it amazingly gorgeous but the staff was so easy to work with and very helpful throughout the process. The rooms were stunning and the food was delicious. If I could do it all over again, I would not change a single thing. I look forward to celebrating our anniversary each year at the Inn. We highly recommend Kings Daughter's Inn for a uniquely refreshing experience. We promise, you will not regret it! 5+ stars!!

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The King's Daughters Inn is a treasure. This unique bed and breakfast is absolutely gorgeous, the service is terrific, and the location can't be beat. You can walk to some of Durham's best restaurants, visit Duke University's East Campus, and explore the historic Trinity Park neighborhood during your stay.

My husband and I were married in The King's Daughters Inn parlor, held our wedding reception in the dining room, and spent two nights in the Trinity Suite. The staff did an amazing job that weekend assisting with the wedding, making us comfortable, and seeing to the needs of our guests. It was the perfect venue for our wedding, and I couldn't be happier with our choice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Though we were hosting a destination wedding we wanted it to have a welcoming, homey, family feel. From the first minute walked in to the Kings Daughters Inn (KDI) we knew it would provide the perfect "home base" for our weekend. So much so that we rented the entire Inn! I can honestly say this choosing the KDI one of the very best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process. The Inn is magnificent - both in terms of decor, service and proximity to downtown Durham. Moreover, the management was extremely kind and flexible - letting our very eager families decorate the Inn and really make themselves at home. I cannot say enough great things about KDI and the whole team.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family