“King's Daughters Stay is a True Treat”

The King's Daughters Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Durham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My husband and I had the privilege of staying at The King's Daughters Inn recently and it was the most pleasant bed & breakfast experience we've ever had! The ambiance of the property is so unique and refreshing. Our room was fantastic - bright colors, retro decor, and high ceilings - we could have camped out all night. Its location is so close to both Downtown Durham and 9th Street Areas, however, that we opted to walk to dinner. When we returned, we were greeted with a sweet turn down service including a treat of port & chocolate for each of us. The owners of KDI are fabulous - Deanna and Colin are dedicated to being TRULY GREEN - a rarity but something that is so important! Whether you live in Durham and want a getaway evening out, or you are in town visiting, or even looking for a place for a large group to stay during a wedding weekend, KDI is the most special place you can stay in our area! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Markham Suite - it was awesome. Corner room - two rooms, very spacious, high ceilin...

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I received a gift certificate and what a pleasant surprise it was. Couples who need time to focus on each other, look no further. This B&B was decorated to bring out its past with lots of modern amenities. Microfiber robes, big screen HDTV, full cable, iPads in every room. Port wine/chocolate service every night. Very friendly and quick service when needed, and gave lots of great recommendations for the Durham area. Eat the tikka chicken at Chubby's tacos, (thanks Colin!) We stayed in the Parrish suite, which was so cozy we cancelled our first nights plans and instead enjoyed a hot bath and champagne. Breakfast was awesome, I hope you get to try the stuffed French toast. The durham area also accommodated as a fine host with tons of great dining options (voted the "foodiest" small town in America) and great music venues. My wife and I plan on putting The King's Daughters Inn in our rotation of getaway spots. A++++

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I can't recommend King's Daughter's Inn highly enough. Every room is gorgeous and unique, breakfast is delicious, the location is perfect for access to Duke/Durham, and the value is exceptional. Romantic, but also just a nice place to rest after a workday of meetings in Durham.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The inn was decorated beautifully, had all the perfect amenities for a mini-retreat and the breakfast was outstanding. Within walking distance of many of Durham's highlights. Wholeheartedly recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and I decided to spend our 5th anniversary at the King's Daughters Inn (full disclosure--I won a gift certificate for the stay). We live in Durham and had actually toured it when it was under renovation and being converted into an inn. The owners did an absolutely fantastic job with the renovations and the interior design. It is gorgeous, and they also added some 'green" features that really impressed me. There's a nice mix of historically appropriate decor and crisp modern details. The room included an iPad and a nice digital flat screen tv. The bed is triple-sheeted, translation: extremely clean and luxurious! We had a nice view of Duke East Campus across the street.
We took a pleasant walk through the charming historic neighborhood and down Main St. for a light supper at Toast and drinks at West End Wine Bar. It is also walking distance to many of Durham's foodie hot spots: Bar Mateo, Pizzaria Toro, Toast, Whiskey, Dos Perros, Scratch Bakery, Loaf, the Farmer's Market, Parker & Otis...You could also walk to DPAC but it is a bit far, very close if driving and we noticed they have a zipcar!
Lots of charming/romantic details like luxurious robes, port and chocolate with turndown service, even the old fashioned bell you ring when you arrive. The owner prepares a delicious hot breakfast with full menu, as well as an assortment of cold choices like cereal, fruit, scones, yogurt. The Inn was full on the Monday night we stayed and I noticed a mix of couples, business people, professor types, and a European family with teenage son in tow.
It really was absolutely lovely and I did not want to leave!

Room Tip: Inn is on a corner (faces a somewhat busy st., other street is quiet residential), so request a back...
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I are attorneys in eastern NC and wanted to have an intimate wedding at a special location that was reflective of our personalities. KDI was a pot of gold! Not only was it amazingly gorgeous but the staff was so easy to work with and very helpful throughout the process. The rooms were stunning and the food was delicious. If I could do it all over again, I would not change a single thing. I look forward to celebrating our anniversary each year at the Inn. We highly recommend Kings Daughter's Inn for a uniquely refreshing experience. We promise, you will not regret it! 5+ stars!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The King's Daughters Inn is a treasure. This unique bed and breakfast is absolutely gorgeous, the service is terrific, and the location can't be beat. You can walk to some of Durham's best restaurants, visit Duke University's East Campus, and explore the historic Trinity Park neighborhood during your stay.

My husband and I were married in The King's Daughters Inn parlor, held our wedding reception in the dining room, and spent two nights in the Trinity Suite. The staff did an amazing job that weekend assisting with the wedding, making us comfortable, and seeing to the needs of our guests. It was the perfect venue for our wedding, and I couldn't be happier with our choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
21c Museum Hotel Durham
The Durham Hotel
#2 of 71 in Durham
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh / Crabtree Valley
The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection

Been to The King's Daughters Inn? Share your experiences!