“A Fine Hotel in Every way...”

Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We were escaping from our Outer Banks NC home as Hurricane Irene was approaching. We were very fortunate to be able to secure lodging at The Indigo, as it was highly recommended by a friend. WOW! What a great Hotel in every way - Friendly, accommodating staff - Unbelievably clean, fresh room with unique design - Beautiful Architecture with exciting design inside and out - Everything was such a welcome change from any experience I have had in the many hotels which I have endured throughout my business and pleasure travels.
Thank you whoever put this beautiful hotel with unusual ambiance and 10 Star service together. What a pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OlgaandTomGauss
HotelIndigoRDU, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you so much for the review! Our entire staff was dedicated to making sure this weekend was as stress-free as it could get for the folks coming in from the coast. Under the circumstances, I am delighted that your stay here was enjoyable.
It is our sincere hope that everything was in order and that there was no damage to your home. Thanks again for your kind review- and come see us again if you're ever in the Raleigh/Durham area!

Reviewed 21 August 2011

This was my second stay at this property. The first was excellent but this visit I must say I won't say as much. The stay was enjoyable but the housekeepers need to do a better job. I hung a do not disturb sign on my door, they entered anyway, and while taking a shower I kept finding hair throughout the shower( long black hair in the towels and washclothes also ). If not for those two situations my stay would have been great!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank happycamper49673
HotelIndigoRDU, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Thank you for your review. We took the time to address these issues with the housekeeping staff. This is completely unacceptable, and not up to our standards. We really appreciate you reaching out to us so that we can correct these problems immediately, and we look forward to your next stay! Please accept my sincere apologies and contact me personally if anything like this should ever happen in the future (my cell phone number is available at the front desk). Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Don't be fooled by Hotel Indigo's inclusion on pet friendly sites, unless you want to shell out an additional $75.00 for the privilege of taking your pet into your room. Doesn't seem too friendly to me.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
HotelIndigoRDU, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

I'm so sorry you were discouraged with our pet policy. The $75 one time fee is incurred because of the deep cleaning that must take place after a pet departs. This ensures that each guest receives the same cleanliness quality in our rooms. Many guests have severe pet allergies and we must accommodate this by performing a deep clean after each pet has departed.
We apologize for not appearing pet friendly. We do love our furry friends, too! We just need to make sure that each guests feels the same level of cleanliness in every room.

We do very much appreciate your review and I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2011

The Indigo Hotel was "Perfect"! We were met with a friendly smile and all the employees provided exceptional service. My room was larger than expected and clean!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're delighted to hear that your stay was "perfect!" The team is especially happy with your review of their exceptional service. Thanks again! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2011

This is a great new hotel! I was a bit hesitant to book here due to the bold color scheme -not exactly soothing but the price drew me in and I was glad it did. The rooms are HUGE and I love the wood ( or simulation wood) floors. Our double queen had plenty of space for my husband & I and the 4 kids we brought with us (ranging from 9-15). The beds were extremely comfortable and the shower was very nice. The front desk staff was amazing and very friendly offering suggestions and backup plans for our activities, befriending the youngest child with us who assumes every one is ias nterested in him as he is in them, and just over all courteous. I have continued to rave about the hotel chain and this one in particular and have been advising my friends to stay there when in the Durham area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Our sales department really enjoys showing rooms to families because the kids seem to love how colorful the rooms are. I'm glad that this was a fun experience for the whole family- even the littlest one! Thank you so much for suggesting us to your friends, too... a great review by word of mouth is the BEST review!
Check out some other Hotel Indigos around the country if you have a chance- they are all fantastic!

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I LOVED my stay. The hotel was so beautiful and relaxing ( I especially loved the spa style of the shower). The staff was extremely friendly, and helpful. I appreciated the shuttle service to the mall and I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your wonderful review! We're so happy you enjoyed your time here. If you'd like, you can "like" us on Facebook, too!

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here two nights. The room decor was refreshing and attractive, and the bed was very comfortable.
The problem we had, and that others have commented on, is the service at the cafe. As long as you are not in a hurry everything would be fine, but even the counter service (for carry-out snacks) was non-existant. I eventually gave up because we would have been late for an appointment.
Nice hotel with relaxed atmosphere. It would be nicer if the staff were not quite so relaxed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smr01

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your room. I apologize for the wait time in the restaurant. The restaurant had been short staffed, but we've since added 2 new team members, who are continuing to improve the level of service in the morning. Once again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience during your stay; I hope you'll give us another try next time you're in town!