“Best Hotel in Town.”

Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Best Hotel in Town.”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

For the family event, we booked block of rooms for the our guest. All came from out of town. Each and every guest was very much pleased with the accomodation at the hotel. Rooms were nice size, neat and clean. Atmosphere/decore of the hotel was excellent. Service was great. Barbara Smiechowski (Director of Sales) was wonderful and very helpful. Nice Hotel.

Jay/Amita Desai

Room Tip: Rooms on any floor are good. Nice Hotel. Something different.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I would first like to start off by saying if you are looking for a nice hotel, Hotel Indigo is definitely just that. Nice rooms,nice bright tropical decor, nice bathrooms, friendly staff and decent food. My husband and I live in the NC area and were looking for a nice 'stay-cay' for our 6 year wedding anniversary. Without much planning I chose a well rated hotel via this website in Durham that was somewhat practical in price so I chose this hotel. I really thought was going to be well placed around many of the happenings in Durham but this hotel is absolutely not that. It is located in a very vacant Industrial parkaway without many resturants or food places located around it. It does not stay at full occupancy like..ever (probably because people don't even know its there) and it was completely DEAD for a friday night. Because of the low occupancy the bar opened an hour later than scheduled and closed an hour early. Which really sucked for my husband and I because we were starving by 9:30p and they had closed at 9pm.

I also concur with other reviewers that the heating and AC unit make a HORRID noise EVERYTIME it comes on. I mean EVERYTIME. It woke me out of my sleep so many times I just had to endure the temperature in the room after a while just so it wouldn't keep scaring the crap out of me. I suppose you could just not turn on the AC and sleep perfectly.

It really is a pretty hotel, just not what I was looking for I suppose. If you are looking for a nice and QUIET hotel with a comfy bed this hotel will offer you just that. The food was decent just don't expect any late night room service accomodations.

Room Tip: We got a corner room with the King size bed and it was very quiet. No nice views though, just parkin...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aniequo F
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We stayed here 3 nights while attending a Lifeonaire Retreat. Excellent rooms and facility...love the theme of this hotel chain that is on the Priority Rewards point system (Holiday Inn).

We took advantage of the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. So we didn't have a rental car. The only down side was the bar/restaurant was not open for lunch and they did not prepare to be open for our event. There's only one restaurant in walking distance that's open only for lunch (pizza and sandwich shop...excellent grinders & salads). The hotel did provide a list of recommended restaurants, several of which the hotel shuttle would take you to though.

Dinner was excellent at the Hotel Indigo, but they were out of stock of many menu items which was disappointing as there were many unique items that we would have loved to try. The service was a bit slow, too. Thankfully they had some local wines and the bar tender was surprisingly very knowledgeable on them (didn't expect that for a hotel bar). Unfortunately, the bottles used for sampling had been open more than two weeks (yikes!) and so we had to gamble on which bottle we'd like to get (I guess they don't do many tastings LOL!). Fortunately we picked an excellent local wine and enjoyed it very much: we recommend the NC Cabernet Franc Merlot Blend from Divine Llama "In a Heartbeat".

The bed was truly amazing and was one of the best nights we've ever had at a hotel! The color scheme and murals throughout the hotel are very conducive to the relaxing environment they are seeking to provide.

Overall, it was very nice and refreshing to see something different. I look forward to checking out other Hotel Indigos and wouldn't mind at all coming back to this one.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ShannonFrench
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My fiance and I stayed here two nights over the weekend. It was all around a really nice hotel. Gym is small but nice. Very clean. Not a great deal of machines - but not cramped and stable machines. We had a king size bed - so comfortable. The room was impecably clean. I especially liked the added touch - when I walked into the room - there was symphony music coming from the ipod/clock radio/docking station. Nice ambience. The lobby employees were also really nice and helpful. All in all a really nice stay. The hotel itself is also in a really convenient location, up on a hill but with access to interstates.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I've stayed at a few Indigo Hotels and am really liking the concept. The RDU location is no exception. The hotel offers free internet and has food available from a small bar/kitchen and most is available for room service. I found the rooms to be quiet, the beds very comfortable and the bathrooms fresh and bright.
The overall room experience does feel very beach-y and that can be jarring in November but it's a little picky of me to knock that.
Overall, a nice experience that makes me want to visit again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The rooms are a perfect size. Not overcrowded by furniture. You have a real sense of space and very clean and bright. The retro hip lobby bar is a nice place to relax. If you are looking for a pool you might want to skip this hotel it was very very small I would highly recommend this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed November 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Beautiful room. AC is a little annoying, but OK. Top quality amenity! very good for business trip.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business