“Another great Hotel Indigo experience - and convenient to airport!”

Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It blows my mind to see folks say that they didn't have a great experience at this hotel, but, hey, to each his own. :-) My experience was fantastic and as an avid traveler who is very picky about her home-away-from-home, I am always happy when I find a nice Hotel Indigo because I know it will be a breath of fresh air from the ordinary chains I usually frequent. This property was no exception. LOVE the design and beautifully decorated, hip/fresh vibe. The bed was super comfortable with lovely sheets and comforters (so cozy) and the place was spic-n-span clean. Very nice! I love the hardwoods (which are a standard in Hotel Indigo's) and the large bathroom and shower. I usually expect that the water pressure won't be great when staying at Hotel Indigo brands because they like to conserve (very environmentally-friendly chain), but I have to say that the water pressure was not too bad here, which was nice. Free parking is always a good thing and the proximity to the airport (it is right off of the interstate and only a few short miles to the Raleigh-Durham airport) made this hotel a total winner in my book. The staff were very courteous and I appreciated the free Three Muskateers bar I received with my bottled water at check-in (I am a Platinum member of the ICH Priority Club program, so it is a nice perk).

All in all, another fantastic stay at another beautiful Hotel Indigo property!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Expressing your experience means the world to us. We are delighted that enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return soon.

Thanks again!

Director of Sales

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Wow, I hardly ever write a negative review here on Trip Advisor, but this Hotel Indigo in Raleigh makes the exception. From check in to check out, I did not even feel like I was in Raleigh. The staff we encountered (except one fellow at the desk Thursday night and the maintanence man) were short on pleasantries and never seemed interested in the guests. Check in was a mere handing of the key cards, nothing more. We were not greeting as Priority Club members, were never offered a room upgrade, I swear this hotel is embarressed to be a part of the Holiday Inn family.
We spent 3 nights here, and since I had pre paid for the advance purchase rate, we knew we wouldn't be switching hotels, and decided to just be sure to spend as little time as possible in this sad hotel.

The pool was literally the smallest pool I have ever seen in a hotel. There was a coffee center but it was reserved for "airline staff only". Really? A hotel that can't have free coffee in the lobby for all? Come on now.

The bed was just weird. The mattress was sloped upward at the foot end.

Let me tell you about the restaurant. We didn't eat there but decided to have a drink at the bar. There was a copy of the menu in the room that said Blue Moon beer was $4.00 and that's what we ordered. We were charged $5.00 for each beer. We asked why, she said they were $5.00. We looked at the menu on the bar, and that listed Blue Moon as $4.50. We pointed out the prices in the room and at the abr menu, her line was "Oh, we have new menus, it's supposed to be $45 but I'll charge you $4.50. Well, duh, damn right you will charge us what the MENU says.

Going to our rooms, the guy at the desk asked how our night was, how everything was, so we did tell him about the beer prices. He said he'd alert the bar manager, new menu excuse. While we talking to him, we asked about the horrible overpowering smell in the lobby- to which he said "Oh it's a new scent they are trying out in the (scent) machine. We advised him it was horrible and overpowering. He said he's "let them know", whoever "them" is- maybe the bar manager?

I regret that I spent over $400 to stay at this hotel, and the answer is no, I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to any one else. There are WAY too many choices in this area to have to ever even think of staying here.

1  Thank snoopydoo
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Overall my one-night stay at the Hotel Indigo was very good. I was met at the airport as scheduled by the hotel shuttle and a very welcoming driver. Hotel staff was also very good. The room was large and comfortable, with easy access to free wifi. The fitness center, which they spell as fitness, was a huge disappointment. While traveling, I find the hotel fitness center to be critical for me. The center was smallish, with the worst equipment I have seen ("Hotel Fitness" brand), and the only elliptical was broken. This property was booked for me. Unless major changes were made to the fitness, this is not a hotel that I would return to.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here for a recent business meeting and thought that it was a great deal for the money. My room was very clean, bed was comfortable, workspace was adequate, bathroom/toiletries were much nice than I expected at the price point. In the past, when coming to this area, I have paid much more and gotten much less. I did not eat my meals at the hotel -- we had business meals except for one night and our group found a little restaurant down the street with small plates and a patio that was lovely. When business brings me back to RTP, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you took the time out of your busy day to review our hotel. We understand that you have many options of different hotels in the RTP area and love that you would choose our hotel when you return. Thanks again for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here during a recent business trip and liked this hotel. It came at a good cost. The staff here was very friendly and helpful.

There is not a lot of close by places to eat and the one next to the Hotel is recently under a new name and I would hope management based on the previous reviews on the establishment.

There is an earlier review on here that talks about the hot water in the showers. Yes, the shower heads are a low flow and the water is not HOT, but if you wait a while, the water does get hot. I take long showers and it finally reached a temperature that was hot enough to turn it cooler. I would suggest turning on the shower all the way to hot, wait 5 minutes and then get in. You should have a good temperature enough to adjust.

There is not a continential breakfast at this hotel that is free. You have to pay unless you have a voucher for the meal. I believe it was 6.99$ for a generic meal. Don't quote me on this, but you can call and confirm with the staff.

I will probably be staying here again, due to the fact that they have a free shuttle to and from the airport and to local areas. The Shuttle is based on a first come first serve basis too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Samantha M, Sales & Events Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent business trip.

You are correct with the cost of the continental breakfast. It is a small fee of $6.99 plus appropriate taxes.

We did have a hot water issue in the past and have fixed the issue. We are still working with plumbers to find out why the water takes a few minutes to heat up and should have this issue fixed completely in the near future.

We look forward to you return sometime soon!

Sales and Events Coordinator

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I don't know what to make of this hotel. Décor is strange, breakfast is bland. Take a close look at your bill if you order any drinks, they charged us and extra dollar and staff couldn't tell us why. If they did that to everyone they would make quite a bit of money. Rooms were clean, beds are comfortable, staff is nice, but its a strange hotel. Won't stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann L
Samantha M, Sales & Events Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your honest review and please accept our sincerest apologies on your recent stay.

Our hotel is a newer brand and does not have the standard decor of other popular chain hotels. We have a decor to reflect more of an "green" or "earthy" feel. We have hard surface flooring in all our guest rooms to ensure the rooms stay clean and fresh.

It is heart wrenching to read that you were wrongfully charged at the restaurant. I will be sure to discuss this with the Food & Beverage manager. We would like to rectify the situation and would appreciate it if you reached out to the management here at Hotel Indigo RDU @ RTP.

We would love for you to give our hotel another try and look forward to your call.

Thanks again for your honest review.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I love the ambiance of Hotel Indigo. Bright, contemporary design. The vibrant suites colors give the feel as if you are staying a in a friend’s guest room. Hard wood floors. Small carpeted area with love seat and ottoman. ….The front desk representative greeted us with a bottles of water and a choice of chocolate goodies <ooh la la, I’ll take it!>...Glass enclosed showers. Complimentary Aveda products <always make my heart sing>. The bath also included cleansing and beauty make-up towelettes <nice touch!>

Large comfy beds. I thought the head pillows could have been a tad bit larger but they provide you a few extras. Plenty of workspace area with desk. Swivel flatscreen television. No mini-fridge in room if you were looking for that.

Hotel Indigo is a very eco-friendly hotel, similar to the Aloft brand. I found the A/C a little noisier than my liking when turned on. But that could also be by design. The stay was still comfortable without the added coolness.

I didn’t have an opportunity to visit the fitness center. We had an event which I think was in Downtown Durham, and it was about a 15 minute drive away. Doesn’t seem to have a lot of late night food options nearby – fyi for the night owls.

Good stay. Quiet area. Great place for those near the area that may want a quiet getaway or staycation. Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to your return sometime soon!

Sales and Events Coordinator