“Nice night in Durham”

Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Charlotte,NC
“Nice night in Durham”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here one night to meet up with friends. It did take me a while to find because it sits back from the main road. Hotel has a modern look and feel. The front desk and bar were accommodating with all of our requests. Check in/check out were speedy. I would use it again if I needed somewhere to stay in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank qcgirl
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is set back and it is common for guests to be unable to find us. We have an alternate address for GPS systems. 4925 Central Park Drive.

Samantha Myszelow
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I would actually give this Indigo 3.5 stars
There aren't many interesting hotels in the area, so If you want to feel hip on the cheap it may be the one for you. Some people really enjoy the fresh look of this place which I'll admit is a welcome change from a regular room of the same price range. Just don't look to closely at any of the details, or you'll find that the upscale appearance is no more than that.

I was annoyed from the time I got there (late because the address on their website is not compatible with gps) and waited about 6 minutes for any type of acknowledgement from any staff. There was only one flustered person at the desk helping what seemed like a mob of airline staff. I went to grab a cart for my luggage on my own; I muttered my apologies to a few children who had taken a liking to riding on it.

Checking in was reasonably easy once we got out turn and the room was clean and colorful. The patchwork on the walls was poor but the green elements of the room were just fine to deal with. Heating and Air take longer to get to desired temperature, but not too much trouble. The bed feels heavenly!

Again website was misleading--breakfast was not free. A little annoying but it was affordable. Don't ask for a scone; everyone had a different excuse as to why it was on the menu but I couldn't have one. The restaurant area was understaffed every time I went through and the wait person didn't seem to care much, cleaning ladies were friendly though.

Would I recommend this place? If you need a comfy bed and clean stay while you pass through--absolutely
If you pay to be waited on and need experts in service--absolutely not.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melissa M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Melissa M,

Thank you for leaving us your thoughts about this visit. It is good to know that our rooms were comfortable enough for your needs and your check-in went fine. However, it is unfortunate that the level of service received was below par. This shall be addressed accordingly with our team to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

While we understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you can give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I used IHG points and stayed here one night, our anniversery. It's decent enough but not as nice as IHG wants you to think the Hotel Indigos are. Bright, trendy colors and interesting architecture but it's really pretty much a veneer... The "hardwood floors" in the rooms are really a laminate, a cheap, crappy laminate...
I didn't eat anything but it all looked like expensive, microwave food. Didn't go to the bar either but again, expensive for just a drink.
The pool, although I had no intentions of getting in it (especially since the people that were in it had a baby with a swimmie on in there) but it was tiny. The baby went from the pool to the spa...
The hotel was clean, and was a decent, comfortable place to stay on our anniversery but if paying for it, it would've been overpriced.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobbyB4
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear BobbyB4,

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations particularly with the rates and hotel amenities. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve. Hope to see you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 11 December 2013

While I had booked this hotel for a business trip over a week in advance, and despite the fact that they charged me a full night's deposit, when I arrived at 3:30 pm to check in I was told that my room was not available because of flight cancellations and that they had moved me to the Holiday Inn Express. I didn't book the Holiday Inn Express for a reason, including the noise I am listening to right now from the TV in the next room over. I've never been bumped from a hotel room before or been told that the hotel had oversold the rooms. Very disappointing.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear rigginsdoodle,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience; sometimes things do happen to where we as management do not have control of that. We relocated you to another hotel as we did other guest that day due to water issues which would not allow us to sell certain rooms. We would hope that moving you to another hotel and taking care of the charges would help in making this change more bearable. This is not something we face often, but it does happen. We have worked steadily to resolve these issues. We do hope you will consider staying with us again and giving us the opportunity to provide a more satisfactory stay.

Cybrena Davis Cox
Front Office Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean but quite far from downtown. However, it provide a hotel shuttle to take guest to South Point Mall. They also fetch guest from airport. It is suitable for those who wants to get to the airport for an early flight fast.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ALP2012_12
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Indigo at RTP for several days on business. I wish I could give the hotel a better review because I really like the green and modern concept but...

Every morning of our stay, the restaurant had run out of coffee and did not brew more. What hotel doesn't have coffee basically around the clock but ESPECIALLY in the morning before 8 am? Really?

The air conditioning/heating units sound like they must have been purchased used and installed incorrectly. They are so loud that you cannot run the unit and watch the television at the same time. (Well, you could if you can read lips.)

The walls have been banged up and redecorated with marks from cleaning, table edges, and time. Touch-up painting would go a long way toward sprucing up the rooms.

Damage to the walls has not been repaired. Replacement plaster should blend and not appear as hardened globs on the walls.

The shower head in the room leaked and leaked and leaked and leaked.

On the bright side, the gentleman manning the front desk at night was friendly, upbeat, positive, and the kind of person you would want to represent your business. His enthusiasm went a long way toward upgrading this review from terrible to just poor.

I usually don't write reviews but someone needs to take a look at the restaurant and maintenance issues otherwise this hotel will not survive in such competitive times.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sittingonastar
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very sorry that we fell short in pleasing you during your stay. All your comments have been delegated to the mangers of the departments mentioned so that they may be addressed with their teams. We strive hard to make each guest stay one they enjoyed and remember in a positive way so that they may look forward to returning. I am very happy to hear your remarks on the front desk and I will pass that along to them. I do hope you will return in the future so that we may have the opportunity to show you what the Hotel Indigo has to offer.

Again thank you for your time and your feedback.
Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife, dog and I stayed for six (6) nights at the Hotel Indigo recently, and we had a wonderful experience. The front desk staff were all incredible and willing to help us in any way possible. The hotel room was large and very clean, and the cocktails at the bar were excellent and reasonable priced.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers as well as families. My wife and I will be back to stay again in the very near future. This Hotel Indigo is one of the best in the country!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business