“Great hotel and staff”

Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 16 July 2014

One of my favorite hotels in the Raleigh/Durham area. The hotel rooms are spacious, clean and the staff is great. Close to a great Mexican Restaurant Mez which is walking distance. The hotel is located in a quiet section and close to HWY40. Only draw back is their restaurant which is very limited.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with a sofa.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay. The Hotel Indigo's team appreciates your positive feed back and sharing your thoughts online.

We welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My daughter was very happy with this hotel. (She has a hard time sleeping in hotels.) The first picture she took was of the bathroom. Yes, I did say bathroom. She said the bed was comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was good. The only downfall was that the room does not have a small frig. "Just a fancy ice bucket." Very convenient to Chapel Hill, Raleigh, & Durham. (Near Airport)

Room Tip: This is a hotel that is convenient to RDU airport. (Has Shuttle Van). Ppl use this hotel for busines...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Traveler,

Hotel Indigo RDU @ RTP is so pleased that you enjoyed your one night stay with us. For future reference, you may ask the front desk at check in for a mini fridge and if we have any available, we will deliver it to your room at no charge.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Overall this hotel is good given hotels in the immediate area. The rooms seem to be more spacious than an average hotel room. Upgrades such as the nice walk in shower and upgraded bath amenities always win me over. That being said, there are few things that I did not enjoy during my visit. First, the staff here is not always the most friendly. I called each evening to schedule a wake up call (why not just have an automated process btw?) and it seemed the tone in the front desk associate was always annoyed and short. The other item that I did not care for was the staffing in the restaurant. I ate at the restaurant two separate nights. In both occasions there was one server that also acted as the bar tender and the bus boy. Waiting to place my food order, getting a refill on my drink, and paying my bill was always a long wait. The service was decent but they only had one person doing all of the tasks. They need to have more than one person in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 6th floor. I had a two queen bed with an alcove that included a couch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Fan of Seattle,

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know your thoughts about our property. We are glad you enjoyed it but sad to hear your disappointment in our service. This is not what we like to hear but we need to so we can address it in training. Thank you for being honest and taking the time to let us know how we can improve. Your thoughts will be brought to the food and beverage manager and front desk manager's attention.

We hope that you will allow us to work on this and try us again the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I travel at least once a month and hold 2-3 big corporate events per year. I have never had such a second class experience as I had with Hotel Indigo. Room service didn't come until late in the day and we had to request washcloths. The meeting room wasn't cleaned prior to our use (we paid for that service)...there were crumbs everywhere, food wrappers, etc. The food was good, but at 8pm, there were still lunch plates out in our meeting area. One of the event planners treated me like dirt. The other event planner was nice enough to discount a room after the card access wouldn't even work for over 24 hours. She stated she passed the complaints along to the GM. NO RESPONSE back at all from the GM. It's so sad that such a property with such potential is such a mess!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex11162014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Alex11162014,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional detail regarding your experience. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Easy check-in
Polite staff
AVEDA products!
Food/beverages available

All in all I had a very good stay. Great staff, nice and clean with a comfortable bed. What more can you ask for when you have a short stay for business? I would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo RDU @ RTP. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed over two nights at this crispy clean hotel, with ample space in the room and quiet enough to relax. Up there for a couple of business meetings, landed at the hotel early evening on Friday, a little tired so I fell asleep and woke up at 10:00 pm....super hungry! Tried room service...no one picked up, so I dashed down to the small retaurant/bar at the lobby level just to find... No soup available!! Only sandwiches and cold salads were offered. Service attitude could be improved and assessing what it is a business traveler needs. Bottled water in the rooms would be a plus!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see the sunrise...mine faced the front parking area...only glimpsed at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your response on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the quite time. Our full service restaurant is open until midnight but it does switch over to late night menu at 11pm. I am curious to find out if you were looking into our grab-n-go container where our salads and sandwiches were or looking at our menu. We do offer soup daily but not in our grab-n-go container. When you are in town again, please ask for our food and beverage manager Mark. He has been given a copy of your review and would like to discuss your experience.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed for 3 days from Sunday - wed. Sunday was a little odd, really really quiet, it felt like I was the only customer. However the rest of the week the place livened up - very clearly a business hotel. The lobby was airy and clean, my room was generous, with a great colour scheme, oober big TV and a gigantic and very comfortable bed. A huge walk in shower, although no bath, if that is important. I didn't eat at the hotel, as the breakfast and food didn't look the best value. The staff were very helpful and attentive. The gym was compact and open 24 hours, the pool very very small, 2 strokes and you are done, so probably a good place for small kids, but not for a serious, or even a casual swim. Overall I'd recommend Indigo as a good value, friendly, modern hotel to stay on business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Samantha M, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Samantha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Marriott at Research Triangle Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
The Umstead Hotel and Spa

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!