“Not authentic Cuban”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you are looking for authentic Cuban food, this is not it. I lived in Miami for 12 years and this restaurant does not deliver. Shockingly, there was no palomilla steak on the menu, and there were Mexican dishes fused with the Cuban?! I found it confusing. Service was so fast that it actually made us feel rushed...that's not a good thing when you're out for a romantic night. However, if you want a quick bite with bland flavors in the super cool historic tobacco district, this will fit the bill. Have some drinks with friends and after a couple of (so-so) mojitos you may not care about the food.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

One thing I will tell you right up front is DO NOT try to come here right before a show or ball game. We did but we allowed two hours and this restaurant ate up every bit of that. They do take reservations which most of the other restaurants in the area do not. When we got there the place was pretty empty so we got our drinks pretty quickly. The waitress was very sweet and helped me pick food that's on my low-carb diet. The prices are high for sandwiches and noshes. The kitchen is exceptionally slow but my husband's quesadilla was huge and tasty! My tapas were alright, it was basically coldcuts and cheese with a side salad. This is the second time I've been here, the first time I sat outside and it was very nice. This time we sat inside and as the place filled up, it got very noisy. The bar crowd spilled into the restaurant seating area so you felt a little trapped. The table next to us didn't get any service for quite a while, I saw others just get up and leave. They need to take a look at what is going on as far as service and the kitchen goes. It shouldn't be as slow as it was. We might come here again, it is very convenient, but we have other favorites in the same area.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This place is close to DPAC and thus our visit after a matinee. We were one of the few folks in the restaurant, yet we waited more than 10 minutes for a waitress to arrive. Guess she was on break and the rest of staff mostly ignored us. When the young lady arrived, she was very pleasant and helpful. Service from the bar was slow and do not order the house pinot, it was terrible. Our food was unremarkable. I had the roast pork, it was dry and lacked any flavor. Pricing is high for the quality.

I believe this place only manages to exist due to it's location nothing more.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Small, overpriced, mediocre dishes. Hit or miss on the drinks. Better to go to Oakwood Grill in Raleigh.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We've been here a few times, most recently this past weekend. It is very nice being able to sit outside, but this restaurant is so overpriced, and none of the food is even remotely notable. It is really just a miss, and has been each time we've been there. So no more, I don't think it is worth another visit. The drinks were pretty hit or miss too.

Meanwhile, the little Cuban place in downtown Cary is generally great and so well-priced. If you want a Cuban fix, go there!