“Incredible Stay--AWESOME Staff!!!”

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Incredible Stay--AWESOME Staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

My company had a week long confernce here at Springhill Suites. The hotel is GREAT!!! Check in was so easy and the front desk staff was so accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and VERY clean. I had to coordinate meals/snacks for the entire week through the Sales/Catering Director, Laura Pelltier--she is AWESOME!!! Coming from Atlanta, GA, she and I emailed and talked by phone to coordinate. She made great recommendations, and EVERY meal and snack has been perfection! Jose' has been a SAINT to work with this week--he has been the MOST accommodating and very polite :-) Big Kudo's to Laura and Jose'!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor--very quiet, very clean.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Hello Jlemoine123,

I would like to thank you and your group for staying with us this week. It was truly a pleasure having you here. I also greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding both Laura and Jose. I will certainly share your remarks with both of them as well as the rest of the staff. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future. You and your group will always be welcome here.

Ted Franzese

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Kent, Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here with my coworkers on a trip to the area and we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is bright and fresh, the rooms are very pretty. The location was excellent, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommended this hotel!

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hello Katie L,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a kind review. It was great to see your high recommendation of our hotel as that is certainly what we strive for with all of our guests. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

prefer to only stay at marriott hotels, and this location has been nicely renovated but . . .
we had a really unfortunate experience at this hotel -
no hot water for showers at 7:20am on a saturday morning-not even warm water. only cold.
and that's just for starters . . .
found multiple urine stains on the sofa sleeper mattress;
hot tub was so filthy that it was foaming with white scum + dirty tile in pool so we couild not utilize this facility;
not enough staffing to handle breakfast volume - tried to eat at 8:25am but buffet was depleted and tables unclean. returned at 9:50am and found the same problem;
and front desk (surprisingly) provided us with a "mattress pad" to use as a blanket (staff member
at front desk did not seem to know the difference).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Xirie
Hello Xirie,

I would like to apologize for the very poor stay you had at our hotel. It was embarassing to read your long list of complaints. We did waive all charges for your night's stay as a way of saying we're sorry for the problems you encountered.

Please note we did inspect your room thoroughly after hearing your concerns. Truthfully, we can not verify any urine stains on the sofa mattress nor could we recreate your hot water problems. The hot water for all rooms come out of the same boiler and we had no other complaints that day. We have put signs in all guest rooms explaining to people to turn the handle to the left for hot water. We put those signs in the rooms because guests would repeatedly turn the handle the other way. We understood that most shower units turn counterclockwise in order to get hot water. Ours do not and as such can lead to confusion for guests who have not stayed with us before. The fact that you had no hot water while our other guests did makes me believe the handle was being turned in the wrong direction. If this is done the water will never warm up regardless of how long it runs.

Again please accept your refund with our apologies for your unpleasant stay.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked this hotel for a visit to Duke. The staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful during the trip. The breakfast buffet was always fresh, hot & tasty. Any requests were handled promptly & the cleanliness was unparallelled. The only challenge was an issue with the air unit. It was handled within 10 minutes on the night of Super Bowl Sunday and, in the meantime, we were offered an alternative room, if needed. A brand new unit was promptly installed the next morning to fully solve the problem by the nicest & most professional gentleman. I am a frequent traveler and this hotel outshines every 5-star hotel in friendliness, attentiveness, cleanliness & superior service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CWOrlando
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hello CWORLANDO,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a kind and flattering review. I will certainly share your remarks with all of the staff including the maintenance employee you mentioned and the housekeeping and breakfast staffs.

Needless to say, it is our goal to have all of our guests leave here with such a positive feeling toward our staff and facility. I am very glad that we were able to provide you with that experience. We hope you will come see us again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The service of Teresa at the front desk has compelled me to write a review on here. It is simply the best I have ever experienced. I am a seasoned business traveler. I have stayed at Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons, and JW Marriotts among many, many other hotels. I have experienced excellent service before, but Teresa takes it to the next level. She makes every need or transaction effortless. She has every guest's name memorized (i don't know how she does it) and has never asked me for the same piece of information twice. When I left something in the lobby during one of my stays, she somehow knew it was mine and just gave it to me next time I checked in, to my surprise. Remarkable.
The hotel itself is not anything special, and the rest of the staff is not on Teresa's level, but at this point my loyalty for her is what keeps me coming back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello Jack S,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit your review. I truly appreciate all your feedback and have it shared it with the other staff members. I truly hope hope that when you return you will find all of our staff as accomodating and helpful as Teresa has been for you. We hope to see you soon.

Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at this property over the weekend with our college baseball team and couldn't have asked for more. From check-in to check-out the staff made us feel welcome and incredibly comfortable. The hotel is clean and modern, and it's perfectly located near many restaurants. If we are ever in the Durham area again we most certainly stay at this property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello CoachBU,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a kind review. Both are greatly appreciated. You and your team are always welcome here and we wish you luck throughout the upcoming season. I will share your comments with all of our staff and hope we will see you again in the near future. Thanks again!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We are local and booked a suite to celebrate daughter's 12th birthday with her friends. It was perfect for having a small indoor pool party (changing/bathrooms right by pool). The rate was great (AAA $87) being it was not a busy weekend in the Chapel Hill/Durham area. The suite was big enough for our group and nicely decorated/layout. Breakfast was basic hotel, and they could use more than one waffle iron as there was a big backlog, but otherwise coffee is excellent and lots of healthy choices. My daughter forgot her beloved pillow in the room, and we were thinking it was a goner, but as it turned out, they had it in their lost and found the next day! So happy about that and very thankful to the staff! This is a great location, central to both UNC and Duke, with lots of shopping/restaurant options.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hello Jomarcus,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit such a kind review. I am truly glad your daughter's 12th birthday party was such a success. Those moments can turn out to be the truly special ones when you look back years later.

I hope you will find reason to stay with us again sometime soon.