SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
US$101
US$146
GardenInn.com
US$85
All reviewsfront deskfire pitfrosted glasschapel hillshower areahome depothot tubsitting areawork spacetwo queen bedsoatmealconvenient locationwalk in showerfree breakfastindoor poolflat screen tvcoffee maker
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Suites are modern, spacious and very clean. Free breakfast buffet is the best we've seen in this reasonable price range.

Perfectly situated for easy access to downtown Chapel Hill and Durham, as well as being an easy hop onto I 40 to go to Research Triangle Park and Raleigh.

We'll be back!

Stayed: May 2014
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello JQF,

Thank you for the kind review, it is greatly appreciated. I especially enjoyed reading your remarks regarding the cleanliness and the quality of breakfast. I will be sure to share your remarks with our staff. I hope you will come see us again soon and we thank you for your business.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights here to visit family. Very reasonable rates. Very clean. Breakfast was good and included. A little busy the second morning but the staff kept up with all but the coffee (need a larger coffee dispenser or else two of regular coffee). Front desk staff was friendly upon arrival -- did see the desk staff on Sunday morning "eating" their breakfast at desk -- not quite professional.
The room was definitely different -- advertised as "green" and rightfully so. It is not your traditional décor but rather more modern. Ample space. It was peculiar to have the toilet in a separate room with a tiny sink apart from the shower with a larger sink. May consider putting some counter space near the tiny sink so that it is more usable than just washing hands. Sliding doors for both bath areas. Bed was comfortable, nice amenities (frig, coffee maker, lounge area). I was awakened one night by toilets flushing. The only issue which is why we give it a 4 instead of 5 is that the lighting was not very strong (probably "green" though). There are telescope lights at each side of bed for reading but not emitting enough light - had to move the book side to side to read clearly. Given that we are of the older generation -- would have liked the lighting stronger even throughout the room.
Would probably not stay again-- prefer the more traditional décor -- just our taste.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hello Sunnyonemaryland,

I would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We accept all feedback, both positive and negative in an effort to improve our service to our guests. Your feedback regarding the front desk clerk has already been addressed and hopefully will not happen again. As for the room design, it certainly is not traditional and we understand that it does not appeal to everyone. Regardless, we're glad your stay overall was a positive one and I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again. Thank You!!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We frequently visit Durham. We have stayed at the Springhill suites so many times that it feels like home. The rooms are spotless and the staff friendly and helpful. If I could give the hotel more stars I would. Congratulations to the management and staff for providing an excellent and comfortable stay for our family so consistently. We'll see you soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Nandy5,

Thank you for staying with us once again and as always we're glad you enjoyed your stay. I would also like to thank you for your kind review. It's great to see phrases like feels like home, friendly staff and spotless rooms. That is certainly our goal with all of our guests. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Springhill Suites was very comfortable. The check in was quick, with a friendly staff. There was a Manager's reception, and a hot and cold breakfast selection. The room and hotel were very clean, and the room temperature was easy to adjust to my desired setting. The bed was firm, with foam pillows that I requested. The only negative was the picture on the large flat screen television that was too dark. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I thought the value was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charlie_Pearman
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Charlie_Pearman,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I do apologize for the problem you encountered with the television. I hope if you return to the Durham area you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my third or fourth time staying at this Springhill Suites location and, once again, it did not disappoint. Check in was smooth and seamless, the room was ready with our special preferences noted, and the free breakfast was excellent. The location was quiet, but close to major arteries, including I-40 and 15-501, so we could be in Chapel Hill, Durham or Raleigh quickly and easily. There are many restaurants and stores located within a ten minute drive of this hotel.

I would rate this hotel a 10!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hello Susieq,

I would like to thank you for staying with us once again and for taking the time to write such a flattering review. It was great to see that you would rate our hotel a "10". That is certainly our goal with all of our guests. I hope you will come visit us again soon and I thank you for your business.