“Awesome!”

SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Husband and I stayed here for one night on July 25. The service was outstanding! Neisha checked us in and Purnell checked us out both were the utmost professional! Kenyetta helped with our check in nod made it smooth! Beautifully landscaped, rooms were extraordinary and spacious and plush, lounge areas quite lovely contemporary "Art Deco-ish" we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello Kelly and Harry,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to submit a review. Unfortunately, the property you stayed at was not ours. I have shared your comments with Kenyetta, the General Manager of that property in Cary, as they are a sister property of ours with the same ownership group. I again thank you and hope you will return either to our property, the SpringHill Suites Durham/Chapel Hill or our new hotel, the SpringHill Suites in Cary.

SpringHill Suites Durham/Chapel Hill

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family - two teenagers, husband, and I - traveled from Indiana to Chapel Hill to visit UNC. We arrived late because we flew into Charlotte and had to drive over, so we didn't get to spend a lot of time at the hotel.

The room was a nice size - Springhills are great for a family of four - no need to get a second room. We loved how there was a separate toilet and sink area and a sink and shower area. This makes getting ready in the morning much easier with a family.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We didn't hear any noise from the other rooms or hallways, so this is always a plus.

The breakfast area is a little small if there are a lot of people at the hotel. There was a nice selection of breads and baked goods, some eggs, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, and yogurt. There was enough to get us started for the day.

I will definitely stay in the future if we return to campus. The only odd thing is the parking situation - there is not a lot of parking in the front or sides near to the building. The hotel is built into a shopping/professional area, so we had to park near to some shops because we arrived late. There is a Five Guys, Moe's, and other options for easy to get to food options.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hello disney lunatic,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a review. I greatly appreciate your kind remarks and was happy to see that you would stay with us again. I found your remarks about the parking to be very fair. Because we share the center with many other businesses, late arrivals often do have to park a little further away and for that I do apologize. I hope you will come see us again soon. Thank You!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a virtually brand new property in a rather odd location. The front is perpendicular to a strip mall and parking is rather ... different ... than at most hotels. The property is quite new, and that has its own charm, with attractive colors and interesting, contemporary decor.

Overall we enjoyed this hotel, and our room. The toilet and shower areas are separate, with the shower having a nice sized sink area and the toilet having a cute little 2nd sink, sufficient for washing your hands. The living area has a large TB and a nice seating area and the bed was very comfortable.

The weekend that we were there, the hotel apparently had a high school team of some type in-house. We waited about 20 minutes before there was a cart available for us to unload our luggage. It appeared that they only had 2 carts for the entire hotel. Their was a patio area, normally open to guests, but this weekend totally overrun by this private group. When we came down for breakfast the next morning, the one line for breakfast was backed up all the way around the eating area. We had chosen to stay here in part for their included breakfast, but once we saw the line we decided to eat elsewhere.

This is a nice property, and will probably have a nice future, but if they want to continue to grow in popularity they will need to make sure that when they book large groups it is not at the expense of their regular Marriott customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Lifes a Banquet,

Thank You for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a review. I found your comments to be very fair. You are right in saying that the guests who are not with the group need to be well taken care of and that they should not be inconvenienced by the large group. I apologize that we did not take better care of you during your stay. I hope that if you return to our area you will call me personally when making your reservation as I would like the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and our staff. Thank You!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Smells brand new. Excellent location good breakfast nice pool free internet an tv on lobby.... was nice feeling the best at Cary... we were the first guests in our brand new room so the tv wasnt working well but got fixed right away... we overstayed the check out time and no problem with that. Excelent service

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alex J

Hello Alex J,

Thank you for your kind response and for taking the time to submit a review. Unfortunately, the property you stayed at was not ours. I have spoken to the General Manager there and let her know the contents of your review as they are a sister property of ours with the same ownership group. I hope we see you again, whether you're in Cary or at our property, the SpringHill Suites Durham/Chapel Hill.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel during June 2014. The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. It was also close to many restaurants. We had an appointment at Duke University, and were pleased to find that it was only about 7 minutes away. The free breakfast was good. I was sad to find out that they only bring out the waffle and pancake machine on the weekends and very rarely during the week. If it was there all of the time I would have given 5 stars.

Room Tip: During our stay, we visited the "wet & wild" water park in Greensboro, which was great...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul H
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello Paul H,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I especially appreciated the comments regarding our clean rooms and very friendly staff. As for the weekday pancakes and waffles, they are not part of the breakfast program that SpringHill Suites as a brand has set up. Perhaps that will change in the future, but for now the brand does not recommend it.

I would also like to thank you for your business and hope that you will stay with us again should you return to our area.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel uses bleach (kudos) in the laundry, supplies very comfy bedding, glad to have a workout room. Lots of fresh fruit at breakfast for these fussy eaters. Would have liked to give more stars. However, placing the bathroom behind glazed sliding glass at the foot of the bed...very weird and offers no privacy. I would stay here again in future only if traveling alone. But that is personal preference. Super convenient location. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackBlack1952
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello JackBlack1952,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit your review. I also thank you for the many kind comments throughout your review. They are most appreciated. As for the bathroom door, I completely understand your feelings. Most guests love our room design, however there are many others like yourself who would perhaps prefer a more traditional design, particularly the bathroom area. I assure you your comments are read by our Senior Management staff and Ownership group and are taken very seriously. I again thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again, even if it's just when you are traveling alone.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed there at the SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill in June, had to have a procedure done at Duke University Medical Center. My oxygen had not arrived and I was kind of worried your manager Josh helped me out and called Apria for me and my oxygen arrived within a few hours! The Breakfast was complimentary and taste wonderful!!! The other employees were also great!! I love this SpringHill!!

• Stayed: June 2014
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hello Ronahay,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding Josh and the rest of the staff as well as our breakfast. I will certainly share your comments with them. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon.

Ted Fanzese