“Pleasantly delicious!”

Palace International
Ranked #138 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Durham, North Carolina
“Pleasantly delicious!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My girlfriend and I chose this restaurant after some debate. "try something new" is what turned the tide. The restaurant was very clean and cozy. The waiter was very kind and understood the food very well. We ordered the samosas as an appetizer. We had the PALACE SAMOSAS, They come on a pair. One veggie and the other beef. They were both very good. The house sauce went very well with the samosas. My lady ordered the NAIROBIAN BEEF and I ordered the Shrimp. I think it was called Zamzibarian Shrimp. Both of our meals were well prepared and delicious! Of course we traded bites. I thought her meal was better than my shrimp, and she felt my meal was good too. We will definitely be going back soon! The price was about what you would normally pay at a decent restaurant. From what I have been hearing on reviews, it did not matter what we ordered, the food was going to be GOOD! And it definitely did not disappoint.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Philly-In-Durham

Durham, NC
“First time and would go back”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A friend and I went here, with neither of us knowing a thing about African food. The server was very helpful and suggested both vegetarian and meat dishes. We had a potato based appetizer. Service was good, food was delicious with large portions. We both had leftovers. We agreed that we would go back. Reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Food was delicious but the service was SOOO slow”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A group of 8 of us went here. It took about 20-30 minutes to get water and a menu. Everything was slow but the food was amazing. The plantain was my favorite. I think I had the chicken wing appetizers and the Nairobi beef dish or something. Would definitely go back.

South Carolina
“Very Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We wanted to have lunch at a local cafeteria, but upon arrival at 2:30, found it had closed at 2. This turned out to be a godsend, as we found the Palace Int. Our waiter Moses was a very pleasant young man who offered advice on menu items. We had a mango punch (very good) and a Kenyan Tusker beer (ok, two of those) and ordered from the lunch menu. The tilapia filet was delicious, as was the curry goat. The African version is much milder than the Indian-influenced Caribbean curry goat, and I liked it much more. With the excellent food and service, we will return again and again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank puravida1
New Haven, Connecticut
“Chicken wings!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I never thought i would have the best chicken wings ever in this restaurant! !! They were amazing good flavor perfectly seasoned amazing.....and that was just the appetizer.....we went with the recommendations and it was excellent tou cant go wrong at this place...we will be back!

1 Thank briana618