“Interesting pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Pop's Backdoor specializes in simple food fixed well. They have pizza, calzones, sandwiches, and a few salads. Our party was six adults and two small children, and we all ordered pizza. I had never seen or imagined a pizza made with granny smith apples and brie - but Pop's has that on their menu! It was delicious and unusual. They have both a veggie lover's and a veggie liker's pizza, with different veggies on each. The chicken and onion was excellent, as was the pepperoni and housemade sausage. Pop's just felt good, a nice place to be for lunch.

There are newer reviews for Pop's Backdoor

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Great tasting Italian fare made with local produce. Their fresh greens with pecan and goat cheese salad has the BEST greens--not sure why--but delicious. They offer some combos that are great values---salad and slice of pizza for 6-7 dollars. Menu also includes daily vegetarian or meat lasagna special, hero sandwiches, mussels, and any combination of pizza and sauce ingredients you can think up. Also have a $6 pasta bowl special for kids that includes a drink. And for those with very young kids and small play area.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

A group of friends and I enjoyed Pop's Backdoor last night! It was the first time there for all but 2 of the group, and we all enjoyed it. Everyone ordered something different, and we all thought the food was very good! I enjoyed a bowl of pasta, where I picked my pasta and sauce, and added several pizza toppings (several veggies, but the usual meats were available too) at $2/piece.

At Pop's Backdoor, you order food and drinks/beer at the counter. Food is brought to you, and fountain drinks are self-serve.

I look forward to returning!

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We got take out pizza- just like I like it-- Well done 1/2 white with spinich 1/2 red with eggplant. They alos have wine and beer and you can eat in. this is a family place with good takeout.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

It was so good I went there twice during my stay. They have a very diverse menu of pizza, calzones and sandwiches. I didnt partake but they seem to have a wide variety of beers. Location is 4 miles from Duke University, service is friendly and the ingredients are fresh.

1  Thank john m