“Over priced food”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Archdale, North Carolina, United States
“Over priced food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The first time I tried The Cheesecake Factory I wasn't impressed. For a birthday I though I'd give it a second try, thinking maybe they just had an off day the first time. Wrong! This place is way over priced. The food it not worth the price. It has no 'wow' factory. I could cook the same food in my kitchen and it taste better. The service was OK. The table and one side of the booth were dirty when we were seated. The only thing worth going was the fact we were seated right away and the cheesecake itself. We had the Snickers cheesecake and it was the best part of the whole dinner.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
Oriental, North Carolina
“Great break on trip to coast”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Sunday brunch is great. Quick service medium prices. Hey it's the Cheese Cake not the Waldorf.

Family friendly lots of good food.

Medium prices

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. Sometimes we just get cheesecake, but Friday night we met family and decided to eat dinner also. Portions are so large my husband and I always share. To start off we had a wonderful salad with beets, goat cheese, candied pecans, spring mix and a raspberry vinaigrette. For the main course we had Louisiana Chicken Pasta...four pieces of Parmesan crusted chicken over bow tie pasta in a Cajun cream sauce. It is wonderful! Of course we couldn't leave without cheesecake. My husband always orders the same one...Adam's Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple. I love Craig's Crazy Carrot Cheesecake and Apple Streusel Cheesecake but decided to try the Wild Blueberry with White Chocolate Cheesecake. It is my new favorite. Can't wait until we get a chance to go back.

Cary, North Carolina
“Not for Brunch!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The CF has always been a favorite for many years so we decided to try it for brunch for the first time. Well what a mistake!! We would have done better at IHOP.

Basic review complaints. Poor selection for the kids. The overall service was slow and the place was empty so I found that completely odd. Quality of the food was sub par quality for brunch in comparison to dinner items.

Lastly.... The waitress was OK however didn't understand what came with the meal then tried to charge me extra for a side which she advised was originally included!! Ultimately they made good and didn't charge. The coffee was served in a clear mug (little creepy) and when I got to the bottom of the cup there were coffee grounds at the bottom YUK!!!

Last but not least.... When you see a patrons coffee "mug" almost empty and come for the check, ALWAYS ask them if they would like a refill.

Reston, Virginia
“Mmmmmm.....Cheesecake!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Visiting family in Durham and going to Southpointe, this place has pretty much become a staple. This chain is known primarily for it's signature cheesecakes and for portion sizes and I had one hit and one miss in that regard. For appetizer, I ordered a simple house salad w/ bleu cheese dressing. It was probably one of the best restaurant salads I've had thanks to the dressing - I literally wanted to bathe in a giant vat of that phenomenal dressing which my server informed me were house made fresh every day. (They should put a couple of jars of that stuff up front to purchase!). I ordered the Hibachi Steak which was morsels of hangar steak on a bed of wasabi mashed potatoes with tempura asparagus. The portion size was the most impressive thing about the meal. The meat did have a signature Asian flavor (teriyaki/soy), however, the request for medium doneness was overlooked and the consistency of the steak was somewhat chewy due to overcooking. Wasabi mashed potatoes were good, the tempura asparagus was perfectly done. I made the mistake on my cheesecake selection; with all the varieties to choose from, I selected the Key Lime Cheesecake which might as well have been a slice of key lime pie - no real distinction between the two. Next time, I'll be more adventurous. Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience, no real bells and whistles, but what else can you say about a chain.

• Visited August 2013

Been to The Cheesecake Factory? Share your experiences!