“Up to the usual Holiday Inn Express high standard ....”

Holiday Inn Express Durham
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed just one night .... HIE is our usual first choice for short road trip accommodation and this location was up to the normal standard we expect. Very courteous and helpful young man on the front desk. We were checked in and installed in our room in a heartbeat. Clean, pleasant room. The breakfast area was particularly well organized with a great selection of free breakfast options.
Will happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear TarHeelTraveler286,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express. I'm happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations and that you had a nice stay! We're also glad you liked our complimentary breakfast and found our staff very friendly and helpful. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Durham!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel had great customer service, great breakfast (free) and walking distance to local restaurants. The only down fall with this hotel would be no hotel restaurant or bar/lounge. I was here for a week due to a work trip, it would have been nice to have a lounge to gather after training.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear tara h,

We appreciate you reviewing your stay with us & are happy that you had a great stay and found our customer service great. I do apologize that our lack of an on-site restaurant was an inconvenience, though as you mention we are nearby a number of great local restaurants. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you for another visit soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a great stay this past weekend. The front desk staff is excellent.
The hotel was clean and quiet!
The pool area was clean and we enjoyed it was open after we had ate dinner.
The hotel is very close to the mall and down town area!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear misshereandthere,

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to read you had a great all-around stay and that our location was great for you to get around the area. We appreciate your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Durham! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family checked in just for an overnight stay while traveling to SC. We arrived a few hours before check in, but was able to check in early. The hotel was very clean and the room was nice. The staff was friendly and front desk staff welcoming. This hotel has a full breakfast which was also a treat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Angel D,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your trip and am happy to read that you had a comfortable, clean stopover at our hotel and liked our complimentary breakfast so much, as well as that our staff was very friendly and accommodating. Thanks again and we hope to see you for another visit soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The room and breakfast area were very nice. When I arrived at the fornt desk midday the front desk person Christy was very nice.
The second shift woman at the front desk seemed very confused. If appears she didn't want to be bothered. Seemed Rude.
The area isn't bad. Right next to the expressway. For easy on and off.
Some good restaurants in the area also to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear baz197777,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express and sharing your feedback - while I'm glad to hear you had a very nice stay overall, I do apologize that some of our service did not meet your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback as providing friendly and efficient help is one of our largest priorities. Otherwise, we are thankful for your high ratings and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed two nights and enjoyed myself. The property is adjacent to the Interstate but I didn't notice any road noise from my room. Very nice staff. No exercise room but an adequate outdoor pool. Nice restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I had a front room on the 2nd floor and enjoyed it. Only one elevator so you may not want to go abov...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear DeepFreeze63,

We appreciate your reviewing our hotel and are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. I'm glad to hear your visit was quiet as well as that our location was convenient for you. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel experience. I am a Priority Club member and like to seek out Holiday Inns, just to accummulate the points toward free night stays. I don't expect the hotel to be an extraordinary experience, just reasonable, clean accommodations. And this one was a winner! I particularly liked the extremely warm and hospitable greetings by the front staff; it's unusual for me to remember the manager's name (Amy Newcomer) four months after a stay, but Amy was so pleasant and helpful that she really stood out in my mind! I particularly appreciated the bottles of water given to my husband and I at check-in, along with a handful of snacks. (The snacks were lame, but that's beside the point!) Later, I was one of those "difficult" guests, who needed part of the days on one receipt, part on another, and they readily reworked our receipts to make this happen. The rooms were just as expected: clean, comfortable, nothing fancy, but exactly what was needed. The breakfast was plentiful, and the employee working the breakfast area was highly attentive to guests, and made sure everything was quite clean. One night, my husband and I came back late, and the employee who was in the breakfast area noticed me getting a cup of coffee, and insisted on making a fresh pot so that it would be hot and good quality! I was stunned, and felt a tinge of guilt to being indulged like this!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Angela2932,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel-we love to hear from our Rewards members and I'm delighted that you had such a great visit! We're grateful for your kind words regarding our staff as well and I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of our team for their hard work. Thank you again for your review and we can't wait for your next trip to Durham!