DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week for three days. Great Hotel!!! Great experince!! It is just minunites from the Airport and there is a very good hotel shuttle service....Sweet Ride... The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff accommodating. The beds were incredibly comfortable and I could sleep nicely. The bathroom was clean and spotless. The front desk staff was very friendly. Breakfast good. Outdoor poolside excellent and reclining chairs in the front very comfortable.
The only point I feel to make is that there was no refrigerator in the room and wish there was a microwave. Also, the speed of internet is very slow in the room.
Overall, I would rate my stay very good rather excellent.

3  Thank sangeetasrivastava
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am excited to see that you enjoyed the entire facility and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. We are investigating the best options to add refrigerators to all of our guest rooms. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel was so nice looking, comfortable, clean and the rooms were spectacular. However, you could hear every little noise in the hallways. You can hear the doors close, people talking all times of the day and night. It's isn't very sound proof by no means. But it is a beautiful facility.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your kind remarks on how spectacular the hotel is, we think so too!! Our Engineers are constantly looking for ways to better the sound proofing in both the doors and the walls without having to execute further renovations. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are at the hotel.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Formerly a Holiday Inn as we were told, but boy has it changed. Brick painted white on the front. Excellent and helpful staff. Rocking chairs on the front porch, nice pool in the quad, breakfasts were wonderful. Did not eat a dinner meal in the hotel, so we cannot really comment there.
Open and wonderful!!! If in the area for business or pleasure it is well worth the effort and time to visit and stay if possible. My compliments to all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. The bones of the property made our renovation even more special. The staff enjoys interacting with our guest and they are the happiest when they are helping the guest relax either on the porch or dining in the restaurant. I look forward to you returning to the hotel soon. We will pass your compliments on to the team.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Overall I would rate this hotel as "Very Good" as the staff was excellent. I do have two minor complaints: (1) overall network speed is very slow, it average less than 1Mb/s download; (2) the TV kept "freezing" where the audio would cut out and the picture would freeze. Not sure if the two are related as I don't know if the TV was IP TV.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I appreciate your comments on the staff. I am working with our vendors to get better reception on the TV. The speed of the internet can be increased so please contact me or the manager on duty. My direct line is 919-941-4800. I look forward to meeting with you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Nice cozy hotel. Rooms are contemporary furnished and spacious. Great location with easy highway access. Staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating my entire stay. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Wow, thanks for all the kind words!!! I will be sharing your comments with our staff and I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Third trip to this hotel. Nice place to return to for another trip to Durham. Easy access from RDU.
Hotel is very welcoming with rocking chairs on front porch, fire in fireplace. Great outdoor terrace, and lounge bar area.

Breakfast buffet is open and available early but it's a little short on quality. Would prefer menu ordering option.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor. You have to traverse through the entire first floor to access the elevator to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thanks so much for being a frequent guest and taking the time to share your feedback with TripAdvisor. I agree with you about the relaxed atmosphere and the amenities that we offer. The breakfast buffet is open 6:30-10:00am and we offer ala carte menu as well. Your next visit, I would like to buy you breakfast and we can discuss the breakfast items. My direct number is 919-941-4800. I look forward to meeting you on your visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is my 4th stay at this hotel and am booked again on the 28th of this month. it is such a plelasure to stay here, everyone is friendly and anything I need or want is at my fingertips. It has the only hotel food I have ever eaten and enjoyed. The hotel is a 5 star in my eyes and I will recommend it to anyone staying in the Durham NC area. It's proximinity to Duke Hospitals and even Raleigh is an easy go to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow, thanks for all the kind words. I will be sharing your review with the entire staff. I appreciate you taking the time to write TripAdvisor. I look forward to meeting with you during your stay on the 28th. Thanks again.