“Nice hotel w/above average rooms and service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week for a business training class. I found my king room to be spacious, and it included a desk, refrigerator, safe, and easy chair. The conference room we met in was adequate. The lighting was not the best for taking notes, and we had some issues with the room being too cold, but it was sorted out. The bar/wait staff was friendly and the quality of the food in the restaurant was good (I had one lunch buffet and one dinner in the hotel restaurant). The exercise room was adequate. The pool was roped off, so I never used it. The cookie you receive on check-in was delicious, so I had a few more throughout the week.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi RickH86,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you had a good stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. I've spoken to our staff members about making adjustments in the conference rooms so that they are more comfortable. And I agree, our cookies are delicious! We hope that you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The rooms were clean and kept well. Upon a miscommunication about my number of rooms at check-in, the extra room was dismissed, no problem or hassle. When my keys were compromised, I was moved to a new room (for my peace of mind) quickly and without fuss, as well as given a free breakfast coupon. The shuttle was very convenient and everyone who served me was very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Annelise, thanks so much for your review!

It sounds like you had a great stay with us, which makes us happy. We pride ourselves on accommodating any guest request that we can, which helps us ensure that our guests are relaxed and satisfied. Please come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed at DT in RTP multiple times for work over the past 2-3 years. It is a very nice DT (it used to be a Hilton) and is located very conveniently to RTP/RDU Airport/Raleigh/Durham.

The hotel has nice meeting facilities; during my stays we have had 50-125 people and the facilities have been great.

The hotel is located within a 5-10 minute drive to multiple dining and shopping options.

It also has a small but nice fitness room.

In closing, this hotel resembles more of a traditional Hilton versus DT (as stated above was a Hilton); nice hotel in the RTP area. Would recommend for both personal and business travel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy that you had a pleasant stay with us! We value each of our guests and we want to make sure the experience at our hotel is the best it can be. Next time you're here, try dining at our restaurant, Vintage Carolina - it's delicious! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I had a flight cancellation in Raleigh-Durham and were told if we called the Double Tree not only did they have a special rate but a free shuttle to and from the hotel. We were greeted at the hotel with the feel of special quests. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. We would certainly stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Jelynn,

Thanks for writing a review of our hotel. You were greeted at the door like special guests because you are special guests. We value every guest and want them to have a pleasant and relaxing experience. I hope we'll see you again soon!

(Next time you're here, try enjoying a warm cookie while relaxing outside in one of our rocking chairs. It's great!)

General manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent room, would stay here again. Check-in was fast and without incident. The room was very clean and well laid out. Bathrooms a little on the small side but overall not a problem. Bed was very comfortable and very plush. The cookies are awesome.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Timothy,

We agree, the cookies are awesome! Sometimes it's hard to have just one. We're glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and we really appreciate your feedback. Please come see us again soon! Have a great day.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My room was cleaned when I left the do not disturb sign out. The staff then left the security bar out blocking the door open and leaving my possessions exposed to possible theft. The staff needs to be taught to stay our of do not disturb rooms and when they do enter and clean a room they need to make sure it is properly locked behind them.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for writing a review and letting us know about your stay with us. I apologize for this incident seeing that it is not typical service for any of our guests. I have discussed it with our staff to make sure it doesn't happen in the future. Your feedback is helping us improve the experience here at DoubleTree. If there is anything that I can do to help make it right, please give me a call on my direct line: 919 941 4800. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel rooms are like a standard DoubleTree, they could be bigger. The best part of this hotel is the surprisingly delicious food at the restaurant, the service and the hotel grounds. It is so comfortable and easy to hang out outside. There are white rocking chairs all over the property and the grounds are immaculate. It was such a nice experience. It wasn't loud or unruly. It is 10 minutes away from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We're lucky to be located in such a great area, and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I've passed on your kind words about the restaurant, Vintage Carolina, to our restaurant team. It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed the food! Please consider staying with us when you travel to the area again.