DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When my flight home was cancelled, I was lucky enough to get a room at Doubletree. They offer a reduced rate to "distressed travelers" and the facilities were beautiful. What could have been a dreadful evening was actually quite restful.

• Stayed: May 2014
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi Bakiri,

This is wonderful to hear. We know how stressful it can be when you're thrown a curveball while traveling. I'm happy that we were able to help you go from distressed to rested in one evening! If you're in the area again, please consider staying with us. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was really impressed with the design of the hotel overall. It is built like a lodge with Southern charm. Definitely not your standard hotel! Fireplace in the huge lobby, with a porch on the front, as well as a large covered porch by the pool with rocking chairs and couches. The carpet could use some updating but otherwise I saw no visual flaws. The king bed was huge and comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Great location in RTP not far from Souhtpoint mall. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I've shared your kind words with our hotel team. This area has a lot to offer, so we look forward to seeing you on your next trip! (and we'll have a warm cookie waiting for you too...)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great stay at the hotel. I liked the location and the staff (special thanks to Lou) of the hotel.

First my flight was cancelled and I arrived a day late at the hotel, they just moved my reservation by one day without any pb. and I was not charged for the missed night.

The rooms are great, and nice. The best part for me was the restaurant which serves great food (very unusual in this kind of hotels) and they had a piano playing during the evenings.

The free shuttle to the airport is also great, If you arrive late, you just come late and they come get you and this saves you the hassle of renting a car right on arrival. I just went back to the airport the next day to rent my car.

The breakfast buffet is also VERY nice.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled that you had a great stay with us! I've shared your kind words with Lou. Our restaurant, Vintage Carolina, is a point of pride for our hotel, so your comments mean a lot. We hope you had a safe trip back home. Please come and stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Smooth from check in to check out. Good workout room with headphones for TV. The bed was quite comfortable and, as advertised, they handed me a tasty cookie at check in. The location was perfect for me coming from the airport headed to Pinehurst the next day.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your review and your feedback. Customer service and satisfaction is our top priority, so we're happy that you had a pleasant stay (and got a cookie!). We hope that you had a safe and successful trip to Pinehurst as well.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week for a business training class. I found my king room to be spacious, and it included a desk, refrigerator, safe, and easy chair. The conference room we met in was adequate. The lighting was not the best for taking notes, and we had some issues with the room being too cold, but it was sorted out. The bar/wait staff was friendly and the quality of the food in the restaurant was good (I had one lunch buffet and one dinner in the hotel restaurant). The exercise room was adequate. The pool was roped off, so I never used it. The cookie you receive on check-in was delicious, so I had a few more throughout the week.

Hi RickH86,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you had a good stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. I've spoken to our staff members about making adjustments in the conference rooms so that they are more comfortable. And I agree, our cookies are delicious! We hope that you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The rooms were clean and kept well. Upon a miscommunication about my number of rooms at check-in, the extra room was dismissed, no problem or hassle. When my keys were compromised, I was moved to a new room (for my peace of mind) quickly and without fuss, as well as given a free breakfast coupon. The shuttle was very convenient and everyone who served me was very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Annelise, thanks so much for your review!

It sounds like you had a great stay with us, which makes us happy. We pride ourselves on accommodating any guest request that we can, which helps us ensure that our guests are relaxed and satisfied. Please come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed at DT in RTP multiple times for work over the past 2-3 years. It is a very nice DT (it used to be a Hilton) and is located very conveniently to RTP/RDU Airport/Raleigh/Durham.

The hotel has nice meeting facilities; during my stays we have had 50-125 people and the facilities have been great.

The hotel is located within a 5-10 minute drive to multiple dining and shopping options.

It also has a small but nice fitness room.

In closing, this hotel resembles more of a traditional Hilton versus DT (as stated above was a Hilton); nice hotel in the RTP area. Would recommend for both personal and business travel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy that you had a pleasant stay with us! We value each of our guests and we want to make sure the experience at our hotel is the best it can be. Next time you're here, try dining at our restaurant, Vintage Carolina - it's delicious! We look forward to seeing you again soon.