DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Being greeted by a warm cookie is always a welcome event. Especially after a grueling day of travel, it is nice to get a bottle of water and a snack handed to you. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room quiet and dark. It was especially hot outside so the airconditioning felt extra cold and that was not so nice.

The hotel gym is just a room converted with some equipment to use. It gets the job done but could use some investment.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and a fine value for the money. I loved the extra crispy bacon which seems to be rare for buffets these days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the breakfast buffet. We have a wonderful restaurant staff and I have shared your kind words with them. As well, thank you for your feedback about the gym - we will definitely take this into consideration for the future. I hope you'll come back to stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I couldn't get a flight out of Raleigh due to the US Open and all flights were booked so I had to stay an extra night. The hotel was excellent! Ate dinner outside on the patio listening to a band; music was very nice and relaxing. Room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and of course my cookie that I received just wish I would have asked for an extra one!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy that you had great extra night in the area and that you were able to catch the band playing on the patio! Guest service and satisfaction is our number one priority, so it's wonderful to hear back from satisfied guests. The next time you travel to the area, please consider staying with us again .We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel. My only issue was that the elevators to the guest rooms are a little distance from the front desk. We had a lot to carry & the walk to the elevators was further than I've ever seen at any other hotel. Otherwise, everything was perfect, and those cookies alone are reason enough to come back again and again!!!

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, our elevators are set back within the hotel and it takes a short stroll to get to them. However, this does add to the privacy of some of our guest rooms. In any case, though, we are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We'll have a warm cookie waiting for you during your next visit! Have a great day.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staff friendly and helpful. This hotel had a very homey feeling. The facility was very clean and bright. Always greeted by staff in the corridor and otherwise. Breakfast spread had a variety of items which was nice. The location was ok if you want to be in a quiet location. The receptionist at the front desk was very friendly and made us feel like she really cared about out comfort at the hotel

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Narvdia,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have a unique blend of southern charm and modern amenities that makes our guests feel relaxed and right at home. I've shared your kind words with our front desk team - it's always great to hear from a satisfied guest. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're visiting the area!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

the staff was friendly, the accommodations were fabulous! check in was a breeze! My son brought his video console and we needed assistance connecting it to the TV. The engineer came up right away and connected it and stayed a few minutes to make sure my 8 year old had no worries! He chatted with him and really made his day. Housekeeping was very friendly and the front desk gave us a lot of information about the area! The warm cookie was delicious!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel! I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad that we could make your son happy by connecting his gaming system to the TV in your room. Customer service and guest satisfaction is our top priority. We'd love to see you again the next time you stay in the area! A warm cookie is waiting for you. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I woke up in the middle of the night and found myself being chewed on by bugs in the bed. Got up and took a shower then gratefully had to sleep on the couch in the room. Told the front desk about the experience and all they said to me was "I'm so sorry to hear that". Would not recommend this particular property to anyone else. Probably not the first time they've had this problem. There was a sign on the wall behind the front desk that said they had a 95% clean rating -- my room was obviously in the 5% side.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert P

Dear Robert,

I sincerely apologize for your experience during your stay with us. Please know that our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern, and that this is not typical service at our hotel. We take any type of insect report very seriously.

I would like to speak with you to gather more information about your stay so that I can do further research about the room that you were in. I also want to make things right by you in any way that I can. My direct number is 919-941-4800. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience – I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent accomodations. Wonderful front desk staff. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful. We will gladly stay there again the next time we are in Durham. We will look for other venues of Dubbletree as we travel..

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hi Norman,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We're so glad that you had a pleasant stay. I will share your kind words about the accommodations and front desk staff with the hotel team. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us!