“Excellent Hotel with cordial staff...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very beautiful, inexpensive hotel with full of cordial and helpful staff members.
In very close proximity to the Airport, excellent breakfast, loved the complementary cookies.
Well maintained rooms, nice airy and spacious.
Excellent hotel to stay both individually and as couple...

Room Tip: All rooms are good...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy that you had a great stay with us! We are known for our signature, freshly baked cookies and excellent service, so it's awesome to hear your positive feedback. Please stay with us again if you travel to the area in the future!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the DoubleTree Hilton in Raleigh/Durham. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The food at the restaurant was superb. The location was perfect for an early morning trip to the airport for a flight. I am looking forward to future stays here.

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable trip. Our location is great and our staff is always devoted to creating the best experience possible. We're also looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am extremely not satisfied for the service in breakfast. In the middle of my breakfast, a waiter took the stainless coffee server from my table to serve other table without asking my permission. I was shocked and speechless.

Dear Yuan-Qing,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the service during breakfast at our restaurant. This is not typical of our hotel. Please consider giving us another chance if you travel to the area. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was my second stay at this Double Tree. Both times the hotel was clean , comfortable and the food was good. This time Johnny in the restaurant made my stay even better. He was very attentive and remembered what each person in my party needed almost before they did. Great customer service for sure.

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy that you're happy with your stay! We strive to make each and every guest feel comfortable and relaxed during their time with us. Also, I will pass along your kind words to Johnny. He will appreciate it! I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The shuttle to and from the airport is consistently running late. It took two hours to get picked up from the airport. When we called to ask about the shuttle, they told us it had already came and it would take another 30 minutes to get back. Do NOT use the shuttle if you need be to anywhere on time!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lcjones1115
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I apologize that you had a negative experience with our airport shuttle service. We do take pride in this service and when someone from the airport calls, the longest a guest should wait is 30 minutes. Please give me a call at my direct number (919 941 4800) so that I can investigate the time and date when this occurred. I would like to make it right for you.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel should not carry the DoubleTree name. There is a certain level of quality that should come with a DoubleTree. As an HHonors Gold I am in Hilton chains all the time - about 14 days this month alone! I chose this one this trip here as it was 15min closer to my customer - Won't do that again!

First off - Check in took about 10 min as the desk seemed understaffed for the line of people...ok, maybe I got there at a busy time...I finally get to my room, the AC was turned on but the room was warm. I set the AC to 70* I started to unpack but the room was too warm and went to dinner. Returned about 1.5 hours later to a warm room - pretty much the same temp but the AC sure was making a lot of noise...

I tell the front desk and they give me another room. They jot down on a engineering sheet or work list - and there are 5 other rooms with AC problems... OK, I got and repack, and move rooms.

The new room was not as warm and when you turned on the AC - it was louder than the last - but hey I could feel cold air. I Started unpacking, killed a few bugs in the bathroom while I was at it... By this time it was almost 10pm....the room was 71* - it took over 2 hours to get down to 69*....

Not to mention the AC has 2 speeds, OFF and LOUD AS ALL GET OUT. Even though the control panel on the wall says fan low/med/high.

I wake up and go to the breakfast - walk into the onsite restaurant and instantly notice my feet stick to the floor - like the old dirty movie theatres. OK, maybe someone spilled...

I go to my customer site for the day - return to at least a cold room...Dinner and bed.

Next morning I go back down to breakfast - SAME sticky nasty floors. I speak with manager and says oh that is the "cleaner" they use - well I am in restaurants several times a week and in hotels weekly - NONE of them have sticky floors. Manager had nothing much to say and nothing to offer....Then my over easy eggs come out pretty much fried to death. I left and never went back and ate other places for breakfast.

I can forgive 1 or 2 problems but this hotel was problem after problem.

On check out I wanted to speak to the hotel manager - waited 5 min trying to check out - and finally left since there seemed to be no movement in the line.

My next time here, I'll stay at the HGI or Homewood suites both 2 min from here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Your feedback is incredibly important to us. I have addressed our hotel team in regards to your review and we've taken the necessary actions to improve our overall guest experience. If you would like, please call my direct number (919 941 4800) so that I could make this right for you. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This property set back off of the road amongst the trees. A very nice, rustic, property. The room and staff were very accomodating and pleasant. The relative location to Research Triangle Park (RTP) is a bene fit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you had a nice stay with us! We are in a convenient location - and we offer a unique blend of southern charm and modern amenities. If you travel to the area again, please stay with us - we'd love to have you back!