“By far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at!”

Marriott at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Absolutely a 5 star rating. Meticulously clean, most comfortable bed, best customer service, gracious staff, wonderful food, beautiful landscape.

Room Tip: it's like being at a resort !
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 May 2011

This hotel is exactly how a full service Marriott should look and feel. It is not the biggest Marriott you will ever visit but has the right attributes of quality service, clean facilites, well maintained gym and a great close in location to RTP, NC. I stay here whenever I travel to RTP, even if it's not the closest hotel to where I need to be, simply because the qualty and consistency are high grade and worth the effort!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This is your basic Marriott, but what stood out about this one-night stay was the very friendly staff. On check-in, they went the extra mile. Every time you hop off the elevator, somebody at the front desk says "hi." Similarly pleasant check-out experience. Location is convenient to the airport (though adding a sign off the main road would be helpful). Also convenient to other Triangle locations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyGuy47
Reviewed 16 May 2011

The Marriott at Research Triangle Park was a great hotel in a great location and I will definitely let my HR dept know to book me here again for our travel next month. The rooms were incredibly clean and the gym was exactly what I needed for my 'on the road' workout. The restaurant served fresh delicious meals and they even have a Starbucks to boot! I could not have been more pleased and look forward to my return stay for my next business trip. It's refreshing to stay someplace where the staff obviously takes pride in their business.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
garysims, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

Mrs. Watts,
Thank you for you kind words about you stay at the Marriott RTP. Our family of associates try to make our guest feel welcome, comfortable, and at home while traveling. I am also glad the hotel met your needs as a seasoned traveler in the restaurant and fitness center. We look forward welcoming you back on your next visit to the Raleigh Durham area.

Gary Sims

Reviewed 11 April 2011

The staff was very courteous, our room was spacious, and our two dinners at the hotel were delicious.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
garysims, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Thank You for taking time to write your review of the Marriott Research Triangle Park. We are glad you enjoyed the meals, room, and staff. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest hotel in the Raleigh Durham area. Thank You, and we look forward to your return !
Gary Sims
GM

Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed at the Marriott at RTP for a multipurpose trip. The hotel is clean and neat. Our room was kept tidy, well stocked, and in good working order. The staff is awesome. The food was mediocre. The bar had a good selection. Parking was free.

Now the ugh part, breakfast was cold. I ate a made to order omelette which was "dry". Tiramisu that I got with room service was so bad/sour neither of us could eat it. We booked an advertised "Romance Package". The package was suppose to come with a bottle of Champagne on arrival...still waiting. Upon reservation I requested extra towels and pillows (this was a romance package). On the confirmation the requests were duly "noted". I assume those items are with the Champagne, wherever it is. Okay, what also made it a romance package was complimentary snacks, hors d'oeuvres, and so forth. These were available in the exclusive Concierge's Lounge. Upon arrival, we realized that the Concierge's Lounge is closed on the weekends....this was to be part of our weekend romance package. Movies are not available to be purchased. So remind me again what exactly we got out of the package that we paid extra for?

The sink faucet was so loose that it moved all around when in use (Room 650). There is not a single place to get free internet access in the hotel. Dial up and DSL are available in the rooms for a fee. Wi-Fi is $10 a day. The most I have paid in a LONG time. This is a business/conference hotel, give me a break.

If any consolation the staff refunded the price of the horrible tiramisu. We also got offered chocolate strawberries on arrival that we did not ask for and happen to be allergic to. I left this hotel feeling deceived and angry. I have waited a couple of days to think this through before I wrote this review.

Room Tip: Book across the street
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mkennedy38
Reviewed 14 February 2011

The hotel was very current in design, the staff was very friendly, they took the time to chat with me at the desk. Great location, close, but not too close to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business