“first of 2 stays in same week”

SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My husband, two small kids, and I were stopping in NC because we love the RTP area of North Carolina. We were also on our way to Florida and wanted a room or suite with a bathtub. We found this hotel to be updated, clean, and fresh. The hotel provided a few plates and plasticware in case you need it. The hotel has an indoor pool and spa tub in the pool area adjacent to the lobby. It has a 24-hour fitness room. This hotel also has a laundry room with one washer and one dryer. Both cost $1 each. Detergent is available at the front desk but if you travel down S Miami Blvd, there is a walmart about a mile or two down towards morrisville. The 20oz sodas cost $2 and the candy bars are $1.50 as of our trip. Again, there are gas stations and a walmart close by if you have a car. This hotel does have an aidport shuttle but we didn't need it. I was very satisfied. The only thing that i noticed that could be a negative is the rooms on the back side of the hotel may allow for some highway noise. This didn't bother me. The beds are really comfy. The pillows are soft but firm enough not to have a stiff neck in the AM. The breakfast is typical hot food, cereal, juice, milk, bagels, waffles, fruit. It was great. I would stay here again even though i still have a favorite hotel that is close to the duke urgent care down the road in morrisville.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side if possible. If you have more than 3 people, ask for more towels.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Quiet hotel. Ask for anything at the front desk, they're happy to help. Set back off the main drag, but still only a couple minutes from the airport. It can be hard to see the sign for the hotel until you pass it the first time.

Rooms are typical SpringHill Suites; not extravagant but with a separate working and sleeping area.

Free airport shuttle (call the hotel when you land) but you will need a car in most cases. Free breakfasts, but no restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front (west side) of the hotel have no noise due to I-40. The back (east) has a littl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My first room was horrible and stinky. I requested another room but they refused to move me. They said that the hotel was totally sold out and they couldn't do nothing for me. They offered extra points but I said that was useless to fix my problem. When I asked to cancel my reservation, they found another room for me. I travel a lot and I'm disappointed with Marriott.

1  Thank Sammy31
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I had a very nice stay in November'12. I took the red-eye to RDU and after picking up rental car made it to the Hotel around 11am. I had a lunch meeting and was hoping to shower and change before. The person at the front desk was great and got me right into a room. The hotel is a little hard to find and you'll need a car to get to any restaurants, etc.

The hotel is mixed into a business park and I found there is a whole series of paved walking/running trails. The front desk had a map so I plotted my course and took off. I ran 4 miles and never ran on the same trail. Fairly flat with just a few small hills or inclines and while some of the trails are along roads I saw very little traffic and big trees were along the whole path. Can't wait to go back and explore some more!

1  Thank slashby
Reviewed 18 November 2012

It's a pleasure to find a staff that is empowered to make a guest's stay trouble free. The rooms and property are very clean. The hotel is well run. It's just a bit old and needs an update. If Marriott points are the objective, the full service Marriott on Miami is very nice, but I've never liked the attitude of the staff there. This team is much nicer.

3  Thank joelinda
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice on the outside, staff were absolutely wonderful! Room was chopped up weird though. Hotels should know by now that business travellers would like to watch the TV while getting their work done on the internet but that is impossible in these rooms. Pretty expensive if you don't use a coupon. Also for a bigger hotel there are only 2 luggage carts and both were gone at check in. Really crappy sounding radio, slow internet, nice furnishings but no place for a suitcase!.

Room Tip: Backside faces the highway which can be noisy at times so please keep that in mind.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank jgumms
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This hotel is great, both times I have found my room clean and well kept (I am a wary hotel traveler, will not stay in questionable rooms). Staff is excellent, tons of stuff in the room (microwave, fridge etc.) and very comfy beds. Breakfast is better than a normal hotel breakfast, and has tons of choices. If you are looking for a clean, nice stay near the airport or just Raleigh pick this one!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple