“Beautiful hotel-lovely room and great breakfast.”

SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Milwaukee, WI
“Beautiful hotel-lovely room and great breakfast.”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel was a complete surprise for us, the price was extremely moderate and we were not expecting much, to be honest. It is tucked away in a pretty wooded area of hotels and offices. The freeway is very close but I honestly did not hear it until the morning. We had an absolutely beautiful and modern room, very well designed with everything you could need for a several day stay. Small fridge, microwave, "kitchen" counter. Serene color scheme in greens and white. Bathroom is divided, toilet and bath/shower in one area and the bathroom vanity in another-perfect for a couple trying to get ready at the same time. Great hot breakfast, including fresh spinach for my eggs-what a treat! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NatureMom50
JimW566, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your recent feedback of the hotel. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, new modern renovated suites and the complimentary breakfast provided to our guests. Your review will be shared with the staff. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again. Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Just a quick review. Traveling for business you want;

comfy bed with a variety of pillows - check
good Wi-Fi - check
gym open late and early with good equipment - check
good breakfast, with healthy food options - check (greek yougurt is perfect)

Check in staff (can't recall her name but she was from Nova Scotia), was very pleasant and efficient.

Night time staff - not so much. I did forget something in the early morning and had to take a trip to the all night walmart at 5am. When I went to the front desk the clerk advised me that the shuttle driver for the hotel was not there yet, but their "contract" shuttle person could take me. Staff at the hotel neglected to tell me that this was not a cab, in fact it had no meter and then the driver told me it would be $20 bucks! I was locked and loaded and had no choice but to pay him the $20 for him to return me to the hotel (less then a mile each way).

I would rethink the contract on that driver, or ensure that you inform your front desk staff that the night time shuttle people are not cabs and set very high prices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
JimW566, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your recent feedback of the hotel. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, accommodations, pillows, exercise room, free wi-fi and the complimentary breakfast provided to our guests. Happy to hear you enjoyed the check-in service provided by the front desk staff. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the troubles you experienced with shuttle service to nearby convenience store. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future here at the Springhill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was our 1st stay (10/05/2013) to here because we booked a reservation again. we live near hotel, the reasons why stay here:
(1) special discount rate for weekend (2) well maintained indoor pool (3) Marriott Megabonus Promotion – Stay 2 Stays Earn 1 Night

In other words, First, I even can booked here just around 6* + Tax because they offered so inexpensive rate for some weekend. It is really lovely as benefit compared with cost.
Second, its indoor pool has nice whirlpool. Third, Marriott MegaBonus has been one of my favorite promotions the past couple years since most of the other hotel chains dropped offers for .

Before our stay here, I got an welcome e-mail from Jim Wagner, General Manager at here, he also took care of me as I request my particular need: we want to stay first floor for accessibility to indoor pool and early check-in. It was very impressive to me why he accepted everything. Therefore, our family checked in here morning, and get it first floor room.

But my wife did not like a bathroom without bath tub, we request KIM, attendant of here, to change a room. she arranged for us it to nice place in third floor which is very satisfied for us. I really appreciated to KIM's kindness.

The only bad experience comes from the extra blanket, I found hairs inside though it is not a big deal. Anyway, I did not use it.

As I mentioned it before, I definitely stay here soon for my family's short stay.

Room Tip: Breakfast place is little bit crowdy morning. Early come, well served.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim_Cabin
Thank you so much for sharing your recent review of the hotel. It's great information to be shared for all guests that are traveling to the SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel. We're are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, indoor pool, welcome email and were able to provide great accommodations. Thank for your feedback regarding the breakfast. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back for future stays at the hotel.
Ely, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We made reservations at this hotel because of Marriot's good reputation and it's proximity to the airport. We were flying in late at night and wanted something close. We had never stayed at a SpringHill Suites before and it was one of the best experiences we've ever had. The interior and decorating is beautiful with great calming colors (not that I usually care about color!). The rooms were immaculate, very large and nicely laid out. They have a large screen TV that can be tilted toward the beds or toward the couch so that someone can stay up and watch and it won't bother the person sleeping. They have a sink and counter outside the bathroom, which I love when I'm traveling with my family. The beds are super cozy. The shower was perfect. The hotel was very quiet - we never heard another person.

They sell drinks, ice cream, wine and beer from a cooler by the front desk which we really appreciated after a long day of travel. The receptionist was delightful, pleasant to all the customers, and patient. I would definitely stay here again. We loved it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us earlier this month. It is great to hear that you had such a great stay for first time staying at SpringHill Suites Hotel. The time you took to share your review is greatly appreciated and we love hearing that our associates took well care of you as a guest. Your review will be shared with the hotel staff. Thank you again and please come back and visit us soon. Have a wonderful day
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I stay at the Springhill Suites 4-5 times a year for work and it's perfect for my needs - the rooms are spacious , very comfortable and have good wifi and although there is no restaurant on site the staff are happy to shuttle you to a number of local eateries (and if you want a drink the Sheraton imperial bar is only a 5 minute walk away)I am always impressed by the service offered and everyone is always very friendly and makes you feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend this hotel - the rates are very reasonable too.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent review of the hotel. It's great to hear you enjoyed the spacious rooms that were comfortable for working and relaxing with the wi-fi connections. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
NC
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stay here a lot and have never had one complaint. Great comfortable beds and the staff is friendly. Its always clean and smells that way too. Breakfast is great and its never over crowded or loud. We have stayed here at least 4 times.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
James W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent review of the hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will hopefully be visiting us the next time you are in Raleigh-Durham area. Glad to hear you recommended the accommodations, complimentary breakfast, cleanliness of the hotel and friendly staff.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Spent overnight while traveling. We received a warm and friendly welcome from the front desk staff. Hotel is new so the rooms were very spacious, flat screen television, microwave and frig. Our children enjoyed the indoor pool. Full breakfast in the morning which was another perk. We would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
James W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you so much for staying at the SpringHill Suites RDU. It's great to hear that you had such a great stay while you were with us. The time you took to share your review is greatly appreciated and we love hearing that our associates took well care of you as a guest. Your review will be shared with the hotel staff. Thank you again and please come back and visit us soon. Have a wonderful day