“Great hotel and excellent value!”

SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This was my second time staying at this SpringHill Suites, and I had nothing but a positive experience both times. I found the front desk staff to be the friendliest I encountered while traveling in the South. The rooms and public areas are always clean, fresh and comfortable. The breakfast room in the lobby is a bit on the small side but adequate. Also, this hotel is located in a business park so it is not the most ideal location for tourists or families traveling to the area. However, I think the short drive into Raleigh or Chapel Hill is well worth the quality stay you will get here! I also find the price of the rooms to be an excellent value for the budget-conscious traveler. No complaints here. Highly recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 October 2010

This is a nice hotel to stay in if you're traveling to North Carolina, around the Durham/ Raleigh area! Great competitive prices, nice quiet area, good place for children.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Check in was easy, beds were amazing and staff were very cordial. We made use of the swimming pool and hot tub. There was too much chlorine in the hot tub for me, but I have sensitive skin. I'd definitely stay in this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We recently stayed twice at this hotel. I tend the judge a hotel based on front desk staff. The gentleman who checked us in both times was not friendly at all. He seemed to be angry. The first time I attributed it to a bad day. The second time, I'm guessing it's his personality. However, when asked for directions for restaurants, he was helpful.

The room was okay. It was completely clean and smelled fresh. The "kitchen" area with the fridge and microwave is adequately sized. The bedroom however barely had any space around the bed. The hotel is incredibly quiet. We didn't hear any interstate noise or any noise from teenagers running in the halls.

The hotel does not keep hot coffee and tea out all of the time like other suite hotels. The breakfast area was not large enough for the number of people trying to eat. So, getting breakfast in the morning was chaotic.

The hotel is in an office park around 15 minutes away from restaurants.

The shuttle to the airport only takes a few minutes and runs on the half-hour. Guests can leave their vehicles there during their trips, which is incredibly convenient.

Overall, it's a fine hotel for staying before/after a flight. I would not chose this hotel for a vacation hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy38
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I've been here before on work and have written similar reviews, but I thought I would update it a little.

Good points - it was about 18 months since I was here last, but when I checked in, the guy behind the desk (James, I think) remembered me, which is pretty good going. As mentioned by another reviewer, they have previously dropped myself and colleagues to nearby restaurants and the malls in the area. They also positively welcome deliveries from local restaurants. You can get a beer in the shop beside reception - big plus for those of us who don't want to drive out somewhere, have a drink and then drive back again.

Bad points - there doesn't seem to be anything for breakfast that doesn't have extra sugar added, but maybe that's normal for breakfast in the US. There is fruit - at least they don't pour sugar over that. The TV broke after 1 day - I waited to report it until I was checking out as I wanted to catch some Zs instead of watching TV late into the night. Rooms are large, but as another poster mentioned there is actually very little space to move about in. Being there for work, this isn't a problem but if I was there with family for a week it might get a bit constrained.

Oh yeah, rooms facing I40 will be noisy, so ask for a room at the front of the hotel if possible.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We stayed here for four nights with our 5yo son. Our suite had a king bed and sofa bed and a small sitting area with free internet connection, a small fridge and microwave and 42 inch TV, so quite comfortable.
Free breakfast was OK - usual stuff including hot eggs & sausages, enough to get you started.
The hotel location is right on the I-40, but no traffic noise at all. It's right next to the RTP so it's a good location for business - but on the weekend the whole area is somewhat deserted if you want to go out for dinner or find something else to do locally.
All things considered it was good value - our AAA rate was one of the best value rates we've had anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2010

stayed with sister to bring niece on college visits to unc and duke. caught spring holiday pricing and lucked out in getting this hotel at great price, staying for one night. there are two spring hill suites in the area and this one is closer to airport than the schools we were visiting. it took a little navigating to get to the hotel since it's located in an office park and secluded. but worth it.

place was packed with families and traveling groups. but noise level was low. breakfast buffet was really good and well-stocked. room/suite was laid out very well, separate desk/microwave/refrig area, sitting area with pull-out sofa and 2 queen beds in separate area. large flat screen tv was on swivel so you could turn towards sitting area or sleeping area. pretty good. bathroom had separate sink area from toilet/tub/shower area - pretty spacious for the good rate that we got!!!

hotel is rated pretty high and can understand why - great space, very friendly staff and luxury feel for budget price...signed up for marriott rewards card and hoping to be able to find other good deals with springhill suites with future travels.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family