Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 27 August 2013

First I want to thank Richard for doing a great job and for being helpful and always cheerful! He is a great employee and made our stay enjoyable. The hotel itself is tired and the rooms are decent but not great. Our room was next to the highway and coming from Denver we were awoken each morning (way too early for our Western bodies with the time change) by the buzz of traffic. The hotel had breakfast which we never ate and light dinner which was nice. The hotel is convenient (next to a highway!) to i40 and the airport and downtown Durham is a 10 minute drive. I wouldn't stay there again as the traffic noise and quality of rooms make this an average hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
HomewoodSuites--RTP, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. And thank you especially for the kind words about Richard, he is indeed one of our star employees! I did want to let you know that we will be undergoing major renovations beginning in November, so please come back and check us out in 2014.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Rooms were not the cleanest and had a strange smell. I ended up near the laundry chute and kept hearing noises during the night. Remotes in the room did not work and front desk gave me batteries that I could not insert since the cover was secured with a screw. They should have sent someone up to replace. Food was ok for breakfast. Overall, ok, slightly below average but would not likely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Nicole E, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience with us. I apologize you didn't have a better stay. I have addressed the odor and cleanliness issues wth our housekeeping staff. I have also made sure the entire staff is aware that a screwdriver is required to replace the batteries so no one else has the unfortunate experience that you did. We are also investigating the noises you heard at night from the laundry chute.

I understand that Jason Madison, our Assistant General Manager, has been in communication with you regarding your stay and has rectified the situation. I would like to invite you back to stay with us again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Nicole Ebersole
nicole.ebersole@hitlon.com

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Outstanding place to stay for business travel. Quiet, with all the conveniences for someone trying to get a job done and enjoy it at the same time. Very close to the Triangle and the airport. I had no problems at all with my stay of 5 days.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Everyone was friendly and helpful. I travel with a walking disabiltiy and the disabled rooms were easy to move around in with my moblility scooter. Staff would help with carrying plates and moving chairs at breakfast. And never once made me feel funny about the extra help I needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for such a great review of our hotel and staff! It is always nice to hear that our staff was so helpful.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel was in a good location, convenient to places in the area we were visiting. Our stay was a pleasant experience and would not hesitate to stay here again. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family. The staf was pleasant and helpful and we enjoyed the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

excellent hotel.. friendly and helpful. and the best way to use the airport at RDU... much easier than parking at the airport and convenient. Also cheaper if you are going on a trip. Out flight was earlier than the shuttle and they still got us there on time and without any problems.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel most of all last week on business. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I did not have breakfast (I appreciate the in-room kitchen) use the business center but I did use the fitness center. It is probably sufficient for most people...the requisite treadmill and elliptical cardio equipment, assortment of medicine balls, and a yoga ball. There were some dumbbells but I would have preferred more - again, that's only me. The facility does say it has an agree,net with a local gym but when I went there, I was told the gym had changed hands and they no longer allow guests without requiring a $15 per day pass. I didn't eat but the evening meals smelled delicious!

The very best part of my stay was Sharon. She was on the front desk each evening of my visit - actually she checked me in and out! She ALWAYS greeted me with a smile and gave me perfect directions any time I asked for them. When I was leaving (at 430 in the morning) and I couldn't find the luggage cart, Sharon checked floors with me. We didn't find it - another guest must have had it his/her room as if it was just for them vs all the guests :-( but the fact is, she helped me look and then sent me on my way with a blessing. My stay was fine but nothing really spectacular. Sharon was exceptional.