All reviews front desk evening reception full kitchen beer and wine separate bedroom great hotel home away from home hotel stay two queen beds complimentary breakfast rtp area living area close to the airport the breakfast area room was spacious breakfast staff research triangle park
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is a great hotel for the price for my family of six. It was located centrally and close to the city without being in downtown. The breakfast was also good. Would definitely stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I appreciated the shuttle services for to visit the mall. This hotel is good for reception and room space as well . The services as desk is also fast and gentle . I don t have much to say aboout your hotel and not havig a lot of comments for 200 characters. Anyway I will Thanks all of you

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This Homewood Suites hotel at RDU airport is set for a thorough upgrade (new carpet, drapes, furniture, etc. in the suites) starting in January 2014. Although it's not in bad shape now, the refurbishing will make it better.

All the staffers we encountered were helpful and friendly. (Some were "on loan" from other area Hilton properties since we this hotel was holding its staff holiday party on the night we stayed.)

We were graciously upgraded to a two-bedroom, two-bath suite. Since it was a slow period, we paid only $79 (plus tax) for the huge suite -- a great value, and it avoided having our adult daughter have to sleep on the pull-out sofa.

The only complaints we had about this Homewood Suites are those that we have with nearly all units of this Hilton brand -- the breakfasts are not very good, with nothing cooked to order and limited choices of fruit, cereal and breads -- and certainly not up to the Embassy Suites (another Hilton brand) standard. Homewood Suites is Hilton's "extended stay" brand, competing with Marriott's Residence Inn, but except for my loyalty to Hilton's frequent stayer program, I'd generally choose Residence Inn over Homewood Suites.

Also, and this is minor, but a personal peeve of mine, this and most Hilton properties don't include Turner Classic Movies among their satellite TV channel choices.

The location is in a business park in the Research Triangle. There are not a lot of nighttime dining choices nearby. The hotel offers a free shuttle to RDU.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The staff was friendly, well informed and helpful. The food was good, they arranged extra accommodations for my large group and everyone enjoyed the visit. The person who arranged the reservation for me was helpful and I did not have any problems with the 30 rooms that I used on my visit. It was an over all excellent experience.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Tired property, I see they are scheduled for a renovation soon. The property is not bad, but I would not stay here again until they upgrade it, there are better options nearby. The bathroom smelled bad, but the manager reduced the rate $20 which I guess was ok. I enjoy other Homewood Suites and I'm sure this one will be great after the renovate.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodSuites--RTP, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your review! We have investigated and addressed the smell and that has been taken care of.

Yes, we are scheduled to begin renovations at the beginning of January and are looking forward to having brand new rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again after we are fully renovated!!

Jason Madison