“Month's of Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Lafayette, Indiana
“Month's of Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

There just isn't enough room on this site to write all of my positive notes and experiences about this CandleWood. My job takes me places for long periods of time away from home and my lovely wife. Soon after my arrival, The Director of Sales realized just how long I had been working on the road, She reached out to my wife to shorten the distance between us in the warmest of ways.

With that being just the beginning and to put this review simply ......

The Great Location, Clean Rooms, Amazing Management, Amazing Staff, Great Extended Guest, Clean Rooms, Secure Parking, Great Rates "CAN" and "DOES" shadow what is really magical about this place. The Entire Staff has Their Heart In It and It Really Really Shows. I recommend this CandleWood to Anyone !!!

Room Tip: There is no bad rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank roger m
Jonathan A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. Michelle is our DOS and does a wonderful job, as does our entire staff. We try to make all our guest feel as if they are staying in their Home away from Home. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor survey. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

This is an excellent hotel and I will surely return here on my next trip to RTP. The staff went above and beyond to make me feel right at home. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were traveling with our dog, for the first time and visiting our family nearby. The hotel staff was so accommodating and welcoming to us AND to our dog. A great dog walk, bags provided for cleanup and easy access out to the grounds. Thank you.

Room Tip: The queen suite was spacious and my husband loved the easy chair.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A majority of our staff owns and loves dogs. We understand that they are family too. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

i am presently staying here and all staff are helpful.charlene sauveur of guest services goes beyond her duties..always pleasant.and good spirits.shes always hard at work thanks for making my stay comfortable!!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your comments. Charlene is a very hard working and we are glad to have her on the team. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Aiken, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

After a horrible drive through torrential rain, then to find out that Hilton had shifted my reservations by one day causing me to loose the entire reservation, I was so very happy to discover the Candlewood Suites. At first glance, the entrance is simple with a check-in counter like you would find at a cut rate motel. But then I got to my room to find a spacious room with full kitchenette. The air conditioner was a champ as it turned the room into an icebox at my command (love that being an Iowa boy) yet would quickly warm the room back up when I wanted to be snug for the night. The dishes were all included and were plenty for two people with a full size refridgerator, microwave, and stove top. I get into suites now and then and this one was in super shape. The carpet was a bit off and maybe because of the pet friendly part of this hotel. But the room was really clean otherwise and the bed was very comfortable.
For food and dining (and gasoline), these all (including a full size grocer, Food lion) are right down the street with easy access and I was only minutes away from my meeting in generally moderate traffic.
In any case, this place is much much better than the Hilton Garden Inn (where I lost my reservation at) could have given me. I heard later from others of problems they had at this Hilton, but that is another review in the making.
I will stay here again for sure no matter where my meeting is in the research triangle park area and even just as I am driving acrossed country as this hotel is easy access off of I-40

Room Tip: Check your credit card when you return home. But if there is a mistake, do not panik as the hotel st...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I recently stayed at this location for business in RTP. Upon checkin, the front staff seemed overwhelmed with the people trying to check in. At bedtime, I noticed there was an insect or bug. I got the counter person to come in and see what it was. They couldn't confirm. The next day, the General Manager told me that it was bedbugs and that he apologized. Totally unacceptable and won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank John S
Jonathan A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
John,
I do apologize for your concerns during your stay. Upon your check out we inspected the room and did not see any signs of bed bugs. However, as a precaution we did have the room treated. This is an involved method of heating the room as well as spraying the room. Once completed we did place bed bug detectors in the room for several days and no bed bugs were detected.
I also apologize for the check in process. We do strive to check all of our guest as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We strive for every guest to have a pleasurable experience when staying with us. I do apologize you did not receive that while you were here.
I would greatly appreciate you giving us another opportunity next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me directly at 919-484-9922
Sincerely
Jonathan Allard
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times and each time the wrinkles appear more and more. We were a late arrival and while the front desk people were friendly and helpful, the room was not much above a old roadside motel. Other rooms may have been better but in room 209: The AC worked intermittently, the shower head was barely functional, the cable TV fuzzy except for the moment just after you turned it on or were just turning it off. The walls and floors are insulated extremely well either. Thankfully we were just there to sleep and move on. I'll find a new place to stay in Durham next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear trisporter717,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. I apologize that you had some items in your room that were not working. Your comments will be looked into. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.