“Nice hotel in the RTP area”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Anytown, USA
“Nice hotel in the RTP area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed at this location recently during a trip. The king bed room on the first floor was great: had a fridge and microwave with a feeling of a “suite.” I especially liked the 13 foot ceiling in the room, rather unusual for hotels, which gave a great sense of space to the room.

Other amenities – comp breakfast, gym, and office/work area – compare to other HI Express locations. Would recommend to business travelers to the RTP area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank M B
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear M B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit - I'm happy to read you had a great stay and enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest rooms, as well as the other amenities we offer. We are grateful for your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I generally enjoy staying at this hotel every time I travel to Durham. However, this was the worst stay at this hotel and will more than likely be my last time staying. This was the first time I used my reward points. I booked a king size non-smoking room $70 with 5000 points used. I just knew this would be perfect since I stay here all the time. I am not sure if there was new management, but I did not get the room I request online, then, we got in the room and our room door would not lock, my husband had to go downstairs, the Ethernet cord to hook up to the internet was broke husband had to go back downstairs. At first, my husband requested a different room that did not happen because no rooms were ready. We only planned to stay for one night. The mattress was terrible, it was hard and low, not the high and soft kind we generally sleep on. We had a restless night due to the mattress, so we left early that next day. I was not even given a receipt or ask how was my stay. And to think I lost 5000 points for this. Very disappointed and I love this hotel location, but if they had given me the room I requested online that would have made a difference.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear L2Johnson,

We appreciate you staying with us on several occasions in the past and are so sorry your most recent experience fell short of your expectations. If you would like to reach out to me at the number below, I would be happy to discuss your stay further to help make this right. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and our team will discuss your feedback - and hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you're in the area to give you a great stay. Thanks again for your feedback.

Charlotte
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our hotel room reeked of cigarette smoke. There were efforts to mask it. A window was left open and we noticed an air purifier outside of the door. Not sure why a hotel would put customers who don't smoke on a floor where smoking is obviously allowed. We did not get a good night's sleep because of the smoke smell. We tried to get moved the same night, but were told that we would have to wait to the next day. Those of us who don't smoke don't wish to develop smoking related ailments like cancer, emphysema and chronic breathing problems. Make sure you take notice as to whether your room has been smoked in before unpacking your belongings. This is the fourth time we have experienced this with this hotel group. Maybe we need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check for cigarette odor, they will try to use chemicals and other means of masking it
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear H G,

As a fellow non-smoker I understand your concerns and apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. Providing a clean stay for all of our guests is a priority and our team will discuss your feedback in order to better do so in the future. In the meantime, we are happy to accommodate our non-smoking guests requesting with their reservations not to be placed on the 4th floor as best we can. Please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

While staying in the Raleigh-Durham area for just one evening we basically only needed a place to sleep as we would leaving early the next day. I chose this Holiday Inn Express based on their reasonable cost compared to other hotels in the area (including another Holiday Inn Express)

We were not disappointed. Our room was clean and their breakfast area was one of the larger ones I have seen and was very comfortable.

Base on my experience there, I would recommend anyone staying at his property looking for a convenient, clean, and restful place to spend an evening.

Room Tip: The property is located in a quiet part of town so a first floor room would be acceptable when stayi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GTPM
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear GTPM,

We appreciate you leaving a review of your stay at our hotel. I'm happy to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks so much for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!

Charleston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We weren't recognized as Platinum members or given an upgrade on our arrival, but our room was quite sufficient for our stay. We had a king bed, flat screen TV, a desk, & a small couch in our room as well as a small bar area. We came too late for the manager reception & never saw any cookies by the elevator as a previous guest had mentioned, but the staff was friendly & our room clean. The breakfast was typical for HIE, but everything was well stocked & seemed fresh overall. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear muchfuntravelin,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay with us. Our IHG Rewards members are very important to us and we apologize that you weren't recognized upon check-in - our team will discuss your review in order to make sure we do so in the future! Otherwise, I'm glad you enjoyed your guest room and had a comfortable, clean stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is right next to my workplace in RTP. It's small with no dinner restaurant and breakfast is nothing to write home about, but the staff work very hard to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They offer a van service that has dropped me off at bars and restaurants and then picked me up, as long as it is by 10:30PM. When I stayed there they had a manager reception with two beers and a snack. There are always fresh cookies on the side by the elevator in the evening along with the newspaper. On arrival my room key was already programmed and set to one side.
Ultimately, on business I need a bed and a quiet room with internet. The difference maker here is the staff. (Two free beers on a Tuesday and a Wednesday also helps).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear DaveJMurphy,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites, and we're delighted to hear that you find our guest service to be excellent, as well as that you've taken advantage of our local shuttle. I'm also happy that you feel you receive good value for your money and have a high quality of sleep. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay!

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel was cookie cutter as Holiday Inn's go, except for the service. The maid left an incredibly rude note on my dresser and then the General Manager did nothing to really fix the situation, and barely apologized. Really makes me think IHG being my hotel rewards system of choice, I've never had this odd of a situation happen and a poor handling of it by management. The drivers, on the other hand, that take you to and from RTP, were exceptional. Rent a car if you come-- I got pretty sick of takeout food fast.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear wandersmuch,

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at our hotel, and deeply apologize that we did not handle this issue to your satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below and I will be happy to discuss your visit further - providing excellent service is of course one of our biggest priorities. To our understanding following an investigation of the incident, our housekeeper found the note slipped under your door and placed it on your dresser without realizing it contained offensive material. However, we certainly agree this was not the best way to handle the situation and will use this opportunity to avoid similar missteps in the future. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to have another opportunity to show why so many of our guests love us the next time you are in the area.