“Comfortable business stay”

Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Mansfield, Texas
“Comfortable business stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Good location for the Research Triangle Park area; close to the airport and close to I40. The hotel is about what would be expected with a Holiday Inn Express. My room was clean and seemed roomy but the carpet was dirty (as evidenced by the bottoms of my socks). The breakfast was nice and the attendant worked hard to keep everything stocked. Fresh fruit at the front desk. They did run out of newspapers each morning by 8:30 am; a bit disappointing! Overall, this hotel is what you would expect at a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daddie-Ohh
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Daddie-Ohh,

We appreciate you leaving a review and are glad you enjoyed your visit! Our housekeeping team will discuss your comments to ensure we provide as clean an environment as we can; otherwise, we're thankful for your high ratings and hope to see you the next time you're in the RTP area. Thanks again for your comments!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Nice location to RTP, but waking up to ants in the bed as well as on the desk were enough for me to never stay here again. I am a gold soon to be platinum IHG traveler, and this was one of the bottom 5 hotels in the chain I have stayed at. The tub drains were clogged so my legs took a bath while I took a shower, GROSS! Staff was very friendly and attentive in the morning, but a little too late to keep my business. Stay at the HI Express at crabtree instead.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve k
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Steve k,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Providing a clean environment is one of our priorities, so we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We apologize for the issue with your shower and after investigating discovered a shampoo cap caused drainage issues, which we have since fixed. In regards to the ants, we are currently working to find the cause in order to prevent similar issues in the future as this is the first report we've had. If you have more details you would like to provide, please give me a call at the number below and I would be happy to speak with you - and again we apologize for the inconvenience. Otherwise, we're glad you found our staff very friendly and attentive and hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay. Thanks again for your comments.

Bell Buckle, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Clean room, very roomy for me, husband and 6 yr old. Only drawback was no pool. Breakfast great. Convenient location to where we needed to be. We always stay at holiday inn express and this one was just as good. Thanks!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear arwensmom,

Thanks for reviewing your stay and your loyalty to Holiday Inn Express! I'm very pleased to read you had a clean, comfortable visit and that our location worked well for your needs. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the Durham/RTP area! Thank you again for your comments.

Anytown, USA
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed at this location recently during a trip. The king bed room on the first floor was great: had a fridge and microwave with a feeling of a “suite.” I especially liked the 13 foot ceiling in the room, rather unusual for hotels, which gave a great sense of space to the room.

Other amenities – comp breakfast, gym, and office/work area – compare to other HI Express locations. Would recommend to business travelers to the RTP area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank M B
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear M B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit - I'm happy to read you had a great stay and enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest rooms, as well as the other amenities we offer. We are grateful for your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.

North Carolina
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I generally enjoy staying at this hotel every time I travel to Durham. However, this was the worst stay at this hotel and will more than likely be my last time staying. This was the first time I used my reward points. I booked a king size non-smoking room $70 with 5000 points used. I just knew this would be perfect since I stay here all the time. I am not sure if there was new management, but I did not get the room I request online, then, we got in the room and our room door would not lock, my husband had to go downstairs, the Ethernet cord to hook up to the internet was broke husband had to go back downstairs. At first, my husband requested a different room that did not happen because no rooms were ready. We only planned to stay for one night. The mattress was terrible, it was hard and low, not the high and soft kind we generally sleep on. We had a restless night due to the mattress, so we left early that next day. I was not even given a receipt or ask how was my stay. And to think I lost 5000 points for this. Very disappointed and I love this hotel location, but if they had given me the room I requested online that would have made a difference.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear L2Johnson,

We appreciate you staying with us on several occasions in the past and are so sorry your most recent experience fell short of your expectations. If you would like to reach out to me at the number below, I would be happy to discuss your stay further to help make this right. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and our team will discuss your feedback - and hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you're in the area to give you a great stay. Thanks again for your feedback.

Charlotte
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our hotel room reeked of cigarette smoke. There were efforts to mask it. A window was left open and we noticed an air purifier outside of the door. Not sure why a hotel would put customers who don't smoke on a floor where smoking is obviously allowed. We did not get a good night's sleep because of the smoke smell. We tried to get moved the same night, but were told that we would have to wait to the next day. Those of us who don't smoke don't wish to develop smoking related ailments like cancer, emphysema and chronic breathing problems. Make sure you take notice as to whether your room has been smoked in before unpacking your belongings. This is the fourth time we have experienced this with this hotel group. Maybe we need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check for cigarette odor, they will try to use chemicals and other means of masking it
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear H G,

As a fellow non-smoker I understand your concerns and apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. Providing a clean stay for all of our guests is a priority and our team will discuss your feedback in order to better do so in the future. In the meantime, we are happy to accommodate our non-smoking guests requesting with their reservations not to be placed on the 4th floor as best we can. Please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 October 2013

While staying in the Raleigh-Durham area for just one evening we basically only needed a place to sleep as we would leaving early the next day. I chose this Holiday Inn Express based on their reasonable cost compared to other hotels in the area (including another Holiday Inn Express)

We were not disappointed. Our room was clean and their breakfast area was one of the larger ones I have seen and was very comfortable.

Base on my experience there, I would recommend anyone staying at his property looking for a convenient, clean, and restful place to spend an evening.

Room Tip: The property is located in a quiet part of town so a first floor room would be acceptable when stayi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GTPM
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear GTPM,

We appreciate you leaving a review of your stay at our hotel. I'm happy to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks so much for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!