“Class Reunion”

Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Greensboro
“Class Reunion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is an older hotel near Duke University, and often used for Reunions with large meeting rooms and dining spaces.

Bell Captain, Teddy Terezi and staff were very helpful. They rescued me when I accidentally locked my keys and all my belongings in my car.

Room Tip: If you have problems walking, be sure to ask for a room close to lobby or elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Whiteville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

The experience that we had at the Millennium Durham Hotel was AWESOME! After being at Duke Trauma Center with out mother for more than 20 days, we met a social worker who put us in touch with Judy Parker at this hotel. That was the beginning of a wonderful experience. Knowing that we would be staying for an extended period of time because of out mother being in SICU, Judy gave us a great nightly rate. We were paying close to $100.00 per night at other motels. When we spoke with Judy she was so kind and expressed her concern about our situation. As we went in to pay for our room, we met Teddy, the Bell Captain, who opened the door and welcomed us to the hotel. He was so friendly. He asked if there was anything that we needed help with or if he could do anything for us. The next person was Judy, she was a God send to me and my sister. She may not have ever known that, but we needed some help and she was the one who helped us. I will never forget her! We also met Ratechia and Octavia who were awesome. They helped us in every way that they could. We would call the desk or even go down to the desk and they would help us in every way we asked. The most important way that this staff (Judy, Ratechia, Octavia and Teddy) helped us was everyday when we saw them they always asked how mama was and they always said "Keep your head up - We are praying for you and your family." They will never know how much that meant to us. Thanks Millennium Hotel Staff - You are Great! We have several more visits to Duke in the next several months and we WILL be staying at the MILLENNIUM DURHAM HOTEL! Thanks! Susan and Ashley

Room Tip: If you have a loved one at Duke - try to get an outside room so that you will have cell phone servic...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Fair Bluff, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 2 wonderful nights while one of my family members was in Duke Hospital. Ratechia was very helpful and courteous in every way. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The whole staff makes you feel right at home. Teddy was most helpful and wonderful when I got ready to leave and found that I wad a flat tire. He, himself, made sure that my vehicle was taken care of. I live 3 hours away from the hotel and he was excellent in his helping me. Everyone that I had any dealings with were great and very helpful. I had 2 wonderful nights of sleep. The bed was heavenly, very comfortable. I have back trouble and for the first time in a very long time, I awoke with no back pain. Wish I could have brought that bed home with me. Try this place and you will not be disappointed. Thanks everyone.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor and it was quiet and roomy. A/C worked great and everything was wonder...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
LM S, Director of Sales at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Tammy C, thank you for your comments on two of our star employees, Ratechia and Teddy. We are not surprised that Teddy went the extra mile for you to assist with your flat tire. He is a true hospitality champion. We are also pleased to know that you found our entire staff so welcoming. If you are ever back in Durham, we look forward to being your host for future stays.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Im in a show and to young to rent a car and the shuttle service and front desk made it so easy for me to get around thank you Teddy T, you made my stay worth it

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Humblegent
Humblegent, we are pleased to have been of service to you during your stay in Durham. We enjoy hosting the performers and entertainers who visit Durham. We certainly appreciate your talents and always look forward to seeing you on the stage. We wish you the best as you travel on to Providence.
Columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

The front desk personnel were very friendly and welcoming. We had never been to Durham before and they took time to talk to us about the area and give us tips. They made us feel welcome and appreciated for using the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeffreyColumbus_OH
JeffreyColumbus, it was a pleasure to have you as our guests during your stay in Durham. Thank you for letting us know that you found our guest service agents to be so hospitable and welcoming. Should you return to our city, hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to see you again. Safe travels!
América, Managua, Nicaragua
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

pretty much fails to meet the standards of modern hotels. kinda smelly, not very accommodating.

and you have to pay for EVERYTHING. airport pickup, $35. shuttle around town, $5 (for 24 hours). phone calls to Atlanta, 7$ for 10 minutes. internet, $10 for 24 hours. doesn't seem like they want the guest to have any ease of travel or enjoyable atmosphere.

bright spots: Dan in purchasing & Teddy, a bell captain. Would hire them away from here if i worked in hotels in the area.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Clare s, Managua, Nicaragua, we are sorry you were not pleased that our airport shuttle service costs $35 each way, but there are costs associated with transportation especially with gas approaching $4 per gallon. Taxi service from the airport is $55. And yes, we charge for our local shuttle service, but that is an option given to you at check in. You could have arranged for other transportation, for which you would have paid much more. The phone company charges us for your long distance call, so yes, we pass that charge along to you. Our corporate office mandates that we charge for Internet; otherwise, we’d gladly provide that to you complimentary. Thank you for your positive comments about Dan and Teddy. They truly are valued employees.
Brevard, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

After booking a room, I read several 'negative' reviews about the rooms and about the staff. On the way to the hotel, I was worried if I had made a mistake in booking a room here afraid that it would not be a good stay. I have to say that was not my experience. Everything was so much more than I expected. Rusty checked me in late on the night when I arrived and gave excellent directions to get to the room. Oxy helped me by answering some questions for me the next morning with such a friendly manner. And Teddy was at the front door with a smile and a warm greeting. They all made me feel like an important guest.

Room Tip: Got the room from Priceline WAY below even their 'medical' rate.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
LM S, Director of Sales at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
John A, we are delighted that you stayed with us and that we exceeded your expectations. You ARE an important guest to us and we wouldn’t want you to feel any other way. Hopefully, we’ll have the opportunity to be your hosts again during a future trip to Durham.