“Excellent Location”

Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
New Jersey
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Great place during a difficult time. Staff truly showed empathy for what has been the most difficult times of my life. Getting back and forth to the medical center is a breeze. Door to door service. Thank You!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just went back for Duke reunion and the room we'd booked at a near by hotel was just unacceptable. So without anywhere to stay, we decided to join our friends at the Millennium hotel, as they are real grown ups and booked in advance. The amazing staff, namely Ratechia was able to hook it up and get us a room on our block with all the old friendships. We had an awesome time. Ratechia rocks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacob M
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a total of two nights. It is quite outdated in the decor of the rooms and was quite basic in its presentation. No extras in any way. Room could have been cleaner. We saw a lot of dust.
We thought the restaurant wasn't good at all. The $9.95 breakfast was pretty awful.
The positive was that the staff were very friendly and polite. They certainly made the stay better.

• Stayed April 2012
Greensboro
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is an older hotel near Duke University, and often used for Reunions with large meeting rooms and dining spaces.

Bell Captain, Teddy Terezi and staff were very helpful. They rescued me when I accidentally locked my keys and all my belongings in my car.

Room Tip: If you have problems walking, be sure to ask for a room close to lobby or elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Whiteville
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The experience that we had at the Millennium Durham Hotel was AWESOME! After being at Duke Trauma Center with out mother for more than 20 days, we met a social worker who put us in touch with Judy Parker at this hotel. That was the beginning of a wonderful experience. Knowing that we would be staying for an extended period of time because of out mother being in SICU, Judy gave us a great nightly rate. We were paying close to $100.00 per night at other motels. When we spoke with Judy she was so kind and expressed her concern about our situation. As we went in to pay for our room, we met Teddy, the Bell Captain, who opened the door and welcomed us to the hotel. He was so friendly. He asked if there was anything that we needed help with or if he could do anything for us. The next person was Judy, she was a God send to me and my sister. She may not have ever known that, but we needed some help and she was the one who helped us. I will never forget her! We also met Ratechia and Octavia who were awesome. They helped us in every way that they could. We would call the desk or even go down to the desk and they would help us in every way we asked. The most important way that this staff (Judy, Ratechia, Octavia and Teddy) helped us was everyday when we saw them they always asked how mama was and they always said "Keep your head up - We are praying for you and your family." They will never know how much that meant to us. Thanks Millennium Hotel Staff - You are Great! We have several more visits to Duke in the next several months and we WILL be staying at the MILLENNIUM DURHAM HOTEL! Thanks! Susan and Ashley

Room Tip: If you have a loved one at Duke - try to get an outside room so that you will have cell phone servic...
Fair Bluff, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 2 wonderful nights while one of my family members was in Duke Hospital. Ratechia was very helpful and courteous in every way. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The whole staff makes you feel right at home. Teddy was most helpful and wonderful when I got ready to leave and found that I wad a flat tire. He, himself, made sure that my vehicle was taken care of. I live 3 hours away from the hotel and he was excellent in his helping me. Everyone that I had any dealings with were great and very helpful. I had 2 wonderful nights of sleep. The bed was heavenly, very comfortable. I have back trouble and for the first time in a very long time, I awoke with no back pain. Wish I could have brought that bed home with me. Try this place and you will not be disappointed. Thanks everyone.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor and it was quiet and roomy. A/C worked great and everything was wonder...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
LM S, Director of Sales at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Tammy C, thank you for your comments on two of our star employees, Ratechia and Teddy. We are not surprised that Teddy went the extra mile for you to assist with your flat tire. He is a true hospitality champion. We are also pleased to know that you found our entire staff so welcoming. If you are ever back in Durham, we look forward to being your host for future stays.
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Im in a show and to young to rent a car and the shuttle service and front desk made it so easy for me to get around thank you Teddy T, you made my stay worth it

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Humblegent
Humblegent, we are pleased to have been of service to you during your stay in Durham. We enjoy hosting the performers and entertainers who visit Durham. We certainly appreciate your talents and always look forward to seeing you on the stage. We wish you the best as you travel on to Providence.