“Best Place To Stay In Durham”
Review of Millennium Durham

Millennium Durham
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Best Place To Stay In Durham”
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel to stay at while in Durham! Very close to many restaurants,stores & Duke University! The front staff is very nice,they can get busy at check in/out but they always have a smile on there face! The rooms are always very clean & nice! They have a indoor pool & jacuzzi which are open late! They also have weights in the pool room & then a seperate exercise room! The hotel has a nice restaurant & bar! They offer room service or you can eat in the restaurant! The food is good but our favorite is fresh baked chocolate chip cookies & milk! There are vending machines on all of the floors & on the ground floor they have a microwave if you need to use it! If staying for a few days you can have a refrigerator brought to your room for only $5 a night! They have security that walks the hotel to make sure everything is safe! Upstairs they also have ballrooms for events etc... Behind the desk they have a small gift shop with Duke merchandise & travel accessories! The room includes 2 beds, a desk & chair combo,nightstand with telephone,tv,dresser,hair dryer,ironing board & coffee pot! The bathroom is a good size with a shower/tub combo! Lots of parking outside! They also offer a shuttle that runs on certain times to Duke University & they have a time schedule in the main lobby! The main lobby is also very nice place to sit & relax! Cell service sometimes is a issue depending on what floor you are on & your mobile provider! To the side of the lobby is a business office with computers you can use for free! To me this hotel is in a great location,has everything you would want a hotel to have/offer & the best place to stay in Durham!

• Stayed January 2013
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Kayleighsmommy,
I take great pride in our staff here at the Millennium Hotel Durham and I want to thank you for taking the time to forward your comments on your recent stay with us.
We sincerely appreciate your patronage of our hotel and look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Good reviews or bad - you want honesty. One a recent trip to Raleigh/Durham (Duke Univeristy) it was suggested we stay at the Millennium Hotel. While the front-desk Manager was friendly and very nice, be cautious of the following:
> Room service (breakfast) trays were in the room, maybe even from the night before @ 4:30pm
> The room was relatively clean, but wallpaper needs to be glued and was peeling in many places
> Still not sure how the FREE BREAKFAST is only included by upgrading to a $20 more expensive room; when I asked the front-desk clerk, she admitted that the room was the SAME. So the free breakfast is a $20 upgrade!?

The hotel needs to be refreshed and updated. Friendly staff or not - they need to have the cleaning staff (or kitchen staff?) get the old food out of the hallways and make sure the interior of the rooms does not have the stale feel. It made us question what else was not being cleaned.

Just know what you are getting into...

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AMarc C
Dear AMarcC,
Our standards are much higher than what you experienced and were obviously not being well enforced during your stay. I do want to assure you your comments have received my personal attention and we will do everything we can to ensure they do not recur in the future.
There is no excuse for poor housekeeping and I have personally discussed your comments regarding the Room Service Tray not picked up from the hallway in a timely manner with my Executive Housekeeper and I am confident this will not be a recurring problem in the future.
I hope you will accept my apologies and you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves if your travels bring you to Durham again in the future, for it is our aim to provide the finest in accommodations and service available in the greater Durham area.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I was greeted as soon as, I entered the lobby by Bethany with a smile. The customer service was outstanding. Paul and Bethany was great. I would use this hotel again. Also, Mrs. Judy was great with helping Bethany with my room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear tmgreen30,

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to forward your comments and experience on your stay with ushere at the Millennium Hotel Durham. I am very proud of the entire staff and I will make certain that your positive comments are passed on to Bethany, Paul & Judy in particular.
We sincerely appreciate your selecting the Millennium and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The hotel was great and the bell captain Teddy Terezis was the best, so helpful and made our stay and trips to the hospital as easy as they could be! Also, Thomas so kind and drove us around and made sure we were taken care of even after he was off work he made sure we had a cab! Very nice for the price! I highly recommend this hotel for your stay there especially if you have any medical appointments!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Amesisme,

It was certainly good to know you rate our associates so positively on their service and I will make certain that your positive comments in this most important area are passed on to them and most particularly to Teddy and Thomas!
We sincerely appreciate your patronage of our hotel and look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Notre Dame, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The hotel was well-kept, rooms neat and clean. The transportation service to the airport was friendly and efficient. Teddy Terezis, bell captain, was efficient, kind, and a great conversationalist! Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mimi H,

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We take great pride in our staff and I will be sure to recognize Teddy for the outstanding service he is providing to all of our guests.
We very much appreciate your business and look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The back&forth shuttle of the hotel is an efficient blessed service.
In additional we would like to mention the excellent work of Mr. Teddy Terezis:
He is a very good & kind guide - he has an answer to any question. He helped us to know well the area - always in a gentle & friendly way.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
carol2442
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I found one person at front desk that seem to offer decent service. Jamie was very kind. The other front desk people, a gentlemen (Jim) not sure of his name and Ratechia was horrible. The gentleman told me there were no microwaves in rooms, I had to use a common area and it would $5 for a frig. I asked if I could move to a room with a frig he said "no" we don't do it like that. Luckily Jamie had called to check on me and allowed me to move to a room that had exactly what I was looking for! Meanwhile, my co-worker got stuck in an elevator. He was told it was suppose to have a sign on it. Last but not least, I could not even get a 30 minute late check out. Ratechia said "no" quickly. She also made a female guest with small child return to car to get information on rental car in the mist of downpouring rain. Terrible customer Service for a 3-star hotel!!!

Room Tip: Make your intentions known upfront. If you need a refrigerator, ask at check in. If you need a late...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business