“Nice Hotel”
Review of Millennium Durham

Millennium Durham
Ranked #33 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've recently had the pleasure of staying at the Millennium Hotel in Durham North Carolina for the first time. I was pleased at the cleanliness of the room and the hotel. The staff are very professional and friendly. Being located around one of the biggest hospitals DUKE it was convenient for me to stay they while getting some medical issues attended too. There is a young lady that worked with me today long distance over the phone on 2-3 different issues I was having and she went above and beyond what she had to do all to keep a customer happy without making me feel hurried or rushed. She was upbeat and positive the whole time we had to correspond and she threaded lightly through shallow water not to make me feel sick or like I was on her nerve. I have to stay there like five more weeks and I hope she is the young lady that will be assisting me with any future endeavors I may have. I was down a bit today but she made my day. Thank-you so much MS. RATECHIA PERCELL!! You are an AWESOME young lady and I hope to get to meet you personally one day this week. GOD BLESS YOU!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear bobbysbaby,
Thank you for taking your time to post your positive experiences with our hotel facilities and on the service received from our staff. I am very proud to have Ratechia and so many other excellent and caring associates on our team. We very much apprecaite your patronage and only wish your visits to Durham were for a more enjoyable reason. In the meantime, we look forward to making your future stays with us as comfortable as possible and do appreciate your selecting the Millennium as your location of choice .

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Have come for medical testing @ Duke Univ. Hosp for the last 14 yrs &stayed here each time. Dated decor in rooms and halls. Could use a step into 2013. Cell service in rooms is spotty . TV could use HD and more channels. Bathroom fan not very efficient. Noisy a/c heater unit. Brought my own pillow. Glad I did. Theirs were really mushy.Rooms were slightly musty smelling .But check in & out were easy quick & friendly. Corena, Ashlei &Lee were very helpful. Great medical rates. Close to restaurants and shopping.We will use this hotel next time we come to Duke but would like to see room and hallway upgrades.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear indigoenergie,
Thank you taking your time to post your comments on your stay with us. As a repeat guest of the Millennium hotel for the past 14 years, your perspective of our performance is of the utmost importance to us! It is certainly good to hear you rate our location and the staff so highly on their service and I will make certain your comments are passed on to; Corena, Ashlei and Lee. While it is never pleasant to hear about our shortcomings, I sincerely appreciate your feedback as it enables us to focus on ways to improve our operation going forward. Thank you again for taking the time to post and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

lovely, older hotel in a great location for activities at Duke. We had a great front desk experience with Ratechia, who made arrangements for us to get a shuttle to the football stadium and not have to drive over and deal with parking...we did not know that option was available until she kindly informed us. All the staff were friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Overall, a great week-end experience and we'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear fjthomas1,
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all of your positive comments and look forward serving you again the next time your travels bring you into Durham for the weekend to enjoy another football game!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Besides the fancy front desk, this hotel is not that much better then some of the local 1 star motel chain. I've never been at a hotel that doesn't have free wifi and free breakfast. Their wifi is $5.95/day and their breakfast is $12.95. The most ridiculous charge is their pet fee is $50!!!! On top of that, the rooms are really nothing special, the bathroom has mildew, and the coffee machine is filfty and gross. I wish I would have just went to a 1 star motel and save some money. At least I would have gotten some breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Mimiyayaya
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at Millennium Durham for 1 week for going to Duke University Hospital. The stay was great. John and his staff were very friendly and accommodating. I have stayed at luxury hotels, even in other countries and this hotel has the feel of that kind of treatment and cleanliness. They will have everyone speaking to strangers after a short time because this is what they do to the guests. If I have to go back to Duke, this will be my first choice and I would highly recommend it to anyone and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I was with a group that had a block of rooms set aside. When I read the TA reviews before arriving, I was really concerned. The stories about mold and dirt scared me. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. My room was large and clean. Yes, the property can use some renovation and upgrading (for example, the mattress was pretty mushy), but for the price I think it was a good deal. The only downside is that I arrived at 1:30 pm and my room still was unavailable. I'll cut them some slack, however, because it was a football Saturday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We definitely got our money's worth staying at the Millennium. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, and our housekeeper left the sweetest note telling us that she takes pride in her work. It truly showed. The indoor pool area was lovely. I was disappointed that the spa was not working. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Angie S,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us. Your positive comments regarding the staff's friendliness and helpfulness are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your positive comments with them. I am very sorry that our spa heater was out of order during your stay. A new heater has been ordered and is enroute. I hope you have an opportunity to enjoy our spa on your next visit to Durham.