Millennium Durham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsshuttle serviceduke hospitalfront desk staffgreat customer serviceenjoyed my stayteddyjudyoctaviathomasparkersurgery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This property is something from the late 80's but something about it I liked. Very nice staff,
bar with eternally lit fireplace. Overall a good vibe. Worth a try, besides it was very inexpensive.
Pool too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed here on two different occasions and both are mediocre at best. Would stay at a holiday inn express over this place any day. I'm sure it was beautiful in the 80s, you can tell by some of the features that it was meant to be high end but at the same time if you want that high end look to stay in fashion you cant use particle board and Formica counters and expect it to hold that high end look for 30 years. It's 2014, wifi should be free on all floors and fast. I stayed on the forth floor so it was free. Also, they charge a dollar for local calls. Yet they have Fuji water on the table for 5 dollars. No refrigerator or microwave in rooms even on the forth floor. I went to use the "executive center" and the computers had windows xp. And then the printer wouldn't work which is why I went there in the first place

Next I ate at the bar. I don't know where all the great service reviews are coming from. The bartender barely talked to me and it took me 10 minutes to order a drink. There was 15 people in there tops. Then when my food came she never asked me if I needed anything until I was done with all my food and my beer was empty. Obviously, I ordered the bill, paid and left. The food was good, but it just didn't feel inviting. And they have a "big screen" tv in the lounge...a 50 inch square projection tv that I would be surprised if it worked. I haven't seen one in years. Even when I owned one a while back it was widescreen. Hot water is good at times and then not. It goes in and out so bad your going to either get burned or freeze to death. The faucets show a lot of wear and dated. The elevator, yes one elevator is old and slow. The furniture is from the 80s. The mattresses are comfortable though and the linens are nice. Other furniture in the room is also dated. It's an old hotel without the old world charm and over priced. It's not a fleabag hotel but it's just so strange to pay that much money for a place like this. I've stayed at so many new and nice cheap hotels. This place just isn't worth the money. The inside needs to be updated like the outside. You'll immediately get what I'm saying when you get here.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

As this title suggests the Millennium Hotel is good if you want a bed to sleep in and that's all. I stayed there for a week and was not happy.

Let's talk about the room. Very uncomfortable bed, my back was destroyed after my visit although TV, desk and table were nice. The fridge froze all my food even on the lowest setting which was a pain because I was there for a week. Room service was very poor. Unless it was in their very small trash can they just left everything I had a bag with trash in it on the table and it was left 3 times. My sheet had stains on it and was not changed for a whole week.

The resturaunt had poor food as far as breakfast is concerned. Very pricy for such pour quality. Dinner and lunch on the flip side was not too bad. Bar was your standard bar, nothing more nothing less.

Overall this is a place if all you need is a bed. It's not far from interstate and major rode ways which is nice but this is not a place to relax and recoup at the end of the day. Myself personally I'll look elsewhere on my next visit to the triangle.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Danai A
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The employees make this hotel, the rooms are a little old but don't stay anywhere else. From Thomas the driver to John and his front desk crew to the housekeeping staff all were five stars. The best ever!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for Alumni reunion weekend, and have stayed here in the past. I lost my wallet in a cab this time, and the front office staff (Teddy, Ratechia, and Auxie) were all very helpful in trying to get it back for me. In general, the staff was well prepared with shuttles to and from Duke (w/in minutes we'd have a cab or shuttle), and the room were all great, too. A+++ would go again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends