“Great bones and staff-needs update and management”
Review of Millennium Durham

Millennium Durham
Ranked #33 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The girls at the desk, and the drivers of the vans made this trip and property pleasant…a sprawling hotel with everything outdated except the chef, and the effort of most of the staff. Let's begin, the shuttle to and from the airport is more expensive if you use the service than if you use a taxi-really? The room, while spacious, had sheets that made noise loud enough to wake you all night long, beds that seemed bumpy enough to be from the 80s, and a bathroom that…well….we felt lucky didn't collapse from the patch above the hideous shower head. The thermostat in the shower control was shot so even without a flush the temperature control was a joke, as was the vent system. No fridge/mini bar/safe. No internet without charge, and the business section had so many problems I could not print out our boarding passes. let alone do any work. The pool and hot tub were open and appeared clean but heavily over chlorinated. Our breakfast was superb BUT, the waitress had been over-run with horrible scheduling putting one waitress on the floor for likely 50 families with children-all eating and leaving at the same time-we put the fault on management as by the time we got to her, she was frazzled. Skip this property if you can. We found it through suggestion of an event and would not stay here again without a significant influx of money to the property. There is a Hilton up the road….stay there. It won't be long before the sweet girls at the desk are working there anyway….the ONLY reason I can imagine to endure this property is to avoid renting a car….for $6 a day there is a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5ish mile radius….and the drivers are wonderful….

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of the proximity to Duke. The rooms were clean and nice. The hotel was quite and the staff were extremely friendly and hospitable. I never did eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment on that. The huge plus of this hotel was the shuttle service. We used it every day all day. The cost was 5 or 6 dollars added to the room per day. Well worth the cost. one driver in particular, Paul, was extremely helpful and quite pleasant to visit with. We got a lot of food tips from him. Plan on staying there again. One negative note, the computers in the lobby are circa 1972 or so I think. Very old web browser and very old printer that was not even hooked up. I tried to print boarding passes and failed miserably.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked this hotel for my wedding, but ended my engagement. I was allowed to change the wedding booking to a 25th birthday party for myself. Pama was the catering director who worked with me on everything and she was amazing. She emailed back and forth and worked tirelessly to make my event a success. The food was delicious and the staff made sure that everything went off without a hitch.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I prepaid 423 dollars for three nights. There was no balance due on the confirmation email. No itemization of the statement, just a total. Upon arrival I was told the bill in fact would be ~900 total ( internet, coffee, not breakfast) and escape would cost the $423.
The room was dated, dusty and the smell of urea wolfed from the dressing area. The internet in the room for which there is a daily (sometimes twice daily) charge doesn't extend to the lobby.
There are holes in the tiling around the tub. The air conditioning dropped off in the middle of the room but the beds were clean and comfortable. The bell staff were quite nice. And the transportation/taxi services were very good for guests who needed it. I didn't.

Their transport/taxi service are very good for guests who need it.

Room Tip: we were on second floor-it was quiet people are friendly
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank eliel p
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Lovely hotel, with absolutely the best staff, esp Teddy. The food in the restaurant is reasonable, and the Italian Wedding soup, is worth the stay just to order it. It is well kept, and the décor is equal to any five star hotel in the world. Sleep tight, they have you covered! Here's the #, 919 383 8575...book it today..

Room Tip: You'll love it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just made our reservation , it will be two years, staying at the hotel. Things have changed, but not the familiar faces that greet us on our arrival.Ratechia Percell, our agent at the front desk, she continues to make infallible reservations. Because she goes above and beyond her job responsibilities. Jamie follows up fulfilling my expectations. Janelle Torain, the gentleman (his name escapes me) that brings the fridge to our room.,the staff never fails, to be helpful, gracious, professional, and courteous. I recommended three persons to Duke Hospital. And the Millennium Hotel, they were satisfied and delighted. I am grateful for all the support from thi s hotel.

Room Tip: Just ask for Ratechia, rooms near elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great location for me. The front staff was very helpful and friendly and worked hard to make my stay great. Teddy gave great advice for getting around town. I give this hotel a strong recommendation. I thought it delivered great value for the price