“Great Place to have an event”
Review of Millennium Durham

Millennium Durham
Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a family reunion here and the staff went out of their way to assist us. The even dinner buffet was the best I have ever had at hotel, chicken and salmon right temperature, fresh cooked perfect green beans, mashed potatoes, salad and 2 good desserts. Drinks were refilled regularly.
The whirlpool tub was a good temperature, not too hot. It was larger than at most hotels we have stayed in. I was told the pool was cold, but did not try it myself.
No mini-frig or microwave in room, but ice machine always had ice when we went to get some and microwave was available next to the ice machine.
Breakfast buffet was more than we usually pay, so we only ate there once, but price was normal for a hotel breakfast buffet. The food on the buffet was good, and I really enjoyed the cut fresh fruit.
On site restaurant and bar, but we did not use except for breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: A first floor room in the wing next to the pool allows for access to pool using room card across ext...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Millennium Durham

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We visit Duke once or twice a year and stay here because they offer a discounted rate for Duke Medical patients and are located close to the medical facilities.. The public areas (e.g., main lobby) are nice, but the rooms are kind of tired-looking. On our most recent stay, we had a comfortable king-size bed, good TV and Wi-Fi, but the carpeting seemed worn and the bathroom paint was peeling off the wall. All in all, it is a functional and reasonably priced room close to the medical facilities, but not anywhere I would want to stay for a vacation. They offer a shuttle service to the medical campus, but I haven't tried that so can't vouch for it. The room was quiet, which is one of our main concerns in a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

i was bringing my son to basketball camp from Louisiana ( no car) and realized i had failed to bring bath and bedding supplies for my son. Teddy, my shuttle operator, went beyond the call of duty and drove me to a local store to buy the needed items. Clearly he was not obligated to do so but gladly assisted me in this challenging endeavor. Cannot say enough about the service and excellent disposition of all the employees we encountered. Will definitely return for next year's camp. Bravo Teddy and thanks again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had to attend a wedding in Durham and decided to find a hotel that was close by. We also were bringing our dogs so I had to find one that was pet friendly. I found the Millennium which was only 5 minutes from where the wedding was. The posted rate was $140 which wasn't bad from the pictures that I had seen on line. When I called to make the reservation, I was told they were having a special and the rate was $70/night. I was happy about that. I guess there weren't too many people that wanted to spend Memorial Weekend in Durham. The lobby was very nice. When we drove around to where our room was located, I knew it wasn't going to be too nice once we were in the hallway. It was kind of depressing looking and you could tell there hadn't been any renovations made in a long time. We opened the door to our room and confirmed that the rooms were also ancient. I would have complained if we had paid the $140/night fee but since we only spent $70/night, I didn't say anything but we won't be going back there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Prior to arrival at a great hotel which I have had numerous stays over the last two years, I received a call from Ratechia asking my permission to allow a Millenium guest to remain another night in a room she knew I liked. It was fine with me. I was honored just to be consulted as that had not happened to me before at any other hotel. She also followed up with John S., so when I arrived the two had a great room waiting for me. Great professionalism and teamwork – Thank you Ratechia and John! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Room Tip: I've had great rooms on both the first and second floors. Great access to my vehicle from the fi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We have been regulars in the last 6 months, this for medical visit at Duke.
The hotel has beautiful public areas, the interior pool and spa is a great asset to the hotel. Breakfast restaurant and bar are adequate. When it comes to bedrooms, well a face lift is due. Rust, mildew is obvious. The linens are clean and the t.v. is modern. The top 4th floor is use for a sleeping study for Duke. They offer complimentary travel within 5 miles, we have not use this service yet.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Worst pillows, worst sheets and comforter. The person that runs room service is the bartender/ waiter so, that means he's always angry . Don't try to ask something that is not in the menu.
Old furniture on the rooms .
A Motel is a better option !

Stayed: June 2014