Millennium Durham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsshuttle serviceduke hospitalfront desk staffgreat customer serviceenjoyed my stayteddyjudyoctaviathomasparkersurgery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

my wife has uncureable brain cancer. the staff at this hotel took great care of my wife and I while here. Octavia at the front desk, Teddie and Thomas, the shuttle drivers, were very helpful and courteous at all times. The food at the Bel Gusto Restaurant was very well prepared and delicious. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: they have great handicap rooms on the ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Melvin l,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with the positive experience you received from our staff and I can assure you I will make sure your positive comments are passed on to Octavia, Teddy, Thomas and the entire Front Desk and Food & Beverage team. Please know everyone here at the Millennium wishes you both the very best.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Thanks to the girls at the front desks, they are always very nice and helpful. I stayed here for 3 months straight and they always looked out for me a room. My husband was Duke University Hospital taking chemo for acute Myeloid leukemia. Ratechia and the girls at the front desk was my family they helped me through some very low times. The rooms was always clean and the van service was great. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank EmmaJacobs56

Dear EmmaJacobs56,

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am very proud of the entire team here at the Millennium and will ensure your positive comments are passed on to Ratechia and the rest of the staff at the Front Desk. I are very sorry your visit to Durham was not under more pleasant circumstances and therefore are even more pleased to know your experience while our guest was a pleasant one.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

If I hadn't gotten the room for $55 a night through Travelocity, I would have felt ripped off at the going rate (via hotel's website) of $89 a night for the room I had. It's not a dump, but it's FAR from meeting the quality of the other two Millenniums in which I have stayed. It made me think of a washed up actress with a facelift trying to make a comeback. The lobby is gorgeous. As soon as you walk down the main hallway beyond it, you notice little things that just don't match up. It's more like a 20 year old Days Inn that hasn't been remodeled. In my room, numerous stains in the carpet, wallpaper peeling at seams, etc etc, gave lie to the front. The restaurant was a joke. First morning I decided to be lazy and have breakfast in the hotel rather than searching about. Half an hour just for a basic breakfast. My sunny side up eggs had yolks cooked through. Apparently I am a glutton for punishment, as I went back that night for dinner. 47 minutes for a cheeseburger. I was the ONLY diner in the restaurant, and I saw a whopping ONE tray roll out for room service while I was eating.

I will say the staff I dealt with was all friendly and polite.

Beyond that I really don't have much to say about this place. Just mehh.

Travelocity will definitely hear from me regarding their rating of the place. In no way does it meet what they classify as 3 stars. "Properties in this classification place a greater emphasis on comfort and service, with many offering an on-site restaurant and bar. Baggage assistance is often available. Guestrooms typically feature more space, comfortable seating, and better quality bedding. Bathrooms are often larger, with shower/tub combinations and expanded counter space."

Room Tip: Ask for a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Garry S

Dear GStaples,

While it is never pleasant to hear of our shortcomings I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to provide us with your feedback perspective of your recent stay with us. I do want to assure you the poor service you received in the restaurant and through Room Service during your stay and obviously our standards of service were not being well enforced during your stay. I do want to assure I have discussed your comments with our Food & Beverage Director and I am confident the slow service will not be a recurring problem in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My daughter was having a baby at Duke University. I got a medical discount down to $89.99 on a king room. They have a great shuttle service. They also have a great bar and a restaurant. Breakfast is not free, but you can get a great buffet and whatever you want for reasonable prices. Dinner for me was a fresh wonderful salad with the most delicious olives I have ever eaten.....$5.50! Coffee is free if you get up in time to get it before it is gone around 8:30 or so. The room is not a luxury room but is plenty spacious. Decor needs upgrading I will admit, but if you are looking for all around value and if you truly have a medical reason at Duke - it is a good value. Front desk was very friendly and I am indebted the the lady at the front desk who called me immediately when I left my luggage there.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large - King bed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Melisa M,

Congratulations to the new addition to your family! I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your perspective on our hotel and staff. It was certainly good to hear the positive comments on the Front Desk staff, enjoyed the restaurant and were able to take advantage of our special medical rate and shuttle that we provide to and from the hospital.
We look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Recently, my family and I stayed approximately 12 nights there due to a family member's stay at Duke University Hospital. The Millennium is a gem tucked away within a mile of the hospital. While we were there, we ALWAYS were treated with the utmost courtesy and KINDNESS by all of the staff from front desk, restaurant, to shuttle service - there were several nights when we left the hospital LATE at night and the service staff always arrived to pick us up asap. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the restaurant was good ( they serve dark roast coffee and I am not a fan of that type of brew). We had one instance of a problem with our bath plumbing but John went out of his way to see that it was corrected and we were satisfied. The staff at the hotel are what kept us going back there to stay in between our trips back home (we were 3 hours from the hospital and traveled home a couple of times in order to take care of business matters). The only aspect of our stay that could have been better was our experience with the bar - service hours were not always consistent and food service offered thru the bar was not up to par. Overall, our stay at the Millennium was most comfortable and we would certainly choose the Millennium again when traveling to Durham/Duke Hospital. Kudos to the staff and may God bless them all for making a very difficult time much more bearable.

Room Tip: I have trouble with arthritis and vascular problems in my legs - the front desk staff always placed me in the closest room possible to where the length of walking required was at a minimum.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family