Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center
HIExpress.com
US$101
US$106
US$101
All reviewstexas roadhouseroom was cleandog areafront deskpets stay freea ground floor roompet policycan't beat the pricebit wornduke university medical centernon smokingmother's daystaff personhot showerdesk areachecking inking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I were in Durham for our daughters orientation. I chose this hotel because of location, it was close to the college and one of our favorite restaurants(Texas Roadhouse). Our room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the front desk staff were pleasant. We enjoyed our stay! One recommendation: cut down the trees behind the hotel and paint the dark brown trim on the outside a lighter color, so it doesn't look so dark, these simple changes would lighten up the place so it doesn't look so dark.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Good morning Angthornton77,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Durham - Duke University Medical Center Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team and I will also submit your property update recommendations to our corporate team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Hope B

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was just what I needed...It was clean,cheap, and the location is perfect because of the nearby restaurants. The employees were very pleasant and know the area well. This is a good place to stay if you are looking for good costumer service.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Good afternoon Nyna D,

Hope B

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, particularly Brittany. She was able to answer all the questions we had. The rooms were surprisingly clean, seeing as another Red Roof in Durham gave me a bad experience with fleas. The upgrades make the hotel much better. It was rather expensive but it was convenient. The area looks kind of bad, but a good stay nonetheless!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Good afternoon Shakara h

I will make sure to share your comments with Brittany and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hardly the best stay in Durham but ok for a night to pick one's daughter at Duke. Clean room but likely you will need to air it out. Check in and then go eat or go for a scenic ride or go hit a few balls at the driving range. Second time I've stayed here. Make sure you check in before dark or the entire transaction will be through bullet proof glass. Something to think about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Good afternoon dmccrum,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate you returning to our location. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at our location.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and we encourage all guests to let us know as soon as a problem arises so that we can (1) create a better stay for you and (2) fix the issue so that it does not inconvenience future guest. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as it gives us a chance to give better service in the future.

It is our hope that we will be able to meet any future travel accommodation when you return to the Durham area.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staff was helpful, and I slept well. No problems with the room or noise. Only problem: price comparison of this fairly basic accommodation with other options. Too expensive! I was a solo traveler, and the price I paid would have been a bit much, for this quality, even for two ......

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Good afternoon Sharon F,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking out the time to give us valuable feedback on your recent stay at our location.

We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.