“Much more than expected”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Houston, Texas
“Much more than expected”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel deserves a 5 star rating for service. I stayed a week during a bad snow storm and though the hotel was full with folks that couldn't leave, the staff provided all you can eat buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 days. The food was excellent and the service even better. I can't say enough about how everyone went above and beyond what would normally have been a difficult situation.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
tgabe, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thanks for the great review. We really enjoyed having all of our "snow buddies" with us during the great southern storm of 2014! We are lucky to have such a devoted staff dedicated to hospitatlity even in the throws of a big storm. We even had serveral staff members that stayed over to insure that they would be here the next morning. We look forward to seeing you soon and will do our best to have warmer weather!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Beijing
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Am here for a week on business travel and am pleasantly surprised by the overall quality and value of the hotel. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant, while small, has a great little menu and food quality has been very good. Favorite so far is the smoked ham and spinach sandwich and the mash potatoes mixed with Brie. Came back to my room last night to find a cheese platter and bottle of wine, which was a really nice gesture. Would certainly recommend this property and will stay here again if I'm in RTP.

The only complaint I would have is that I'm not a fan of the bed system the property uses. I find the bed to be a bit lumpy unless I dial it to the firmest setting. The bed frame is also a bit larger than the mattress, so the pillows end up sliding into the gap at the headboard which is a bit of a pain at times.

Otherwise no complaints or issues.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for the great review! I am so glad to hear that you tried one of our smoked specials during your stay. Our chef makes different specials each week that usually featured items that we actually smoke ourselves on site! We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope that you will try one of our great specials.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel itself was very nice: clean and spacious rooms/bathrooms, nice lobby, pleasant staff, and delicious (~$10) breakfast. However, the airport transportation is awful compared to others in the area. Our inbound flight got in too late and outbound flight left too early for the airport shuttle to help us. I think the hours are only 8AM-11PM which they should really make more public on their website and sites such as Expedia. If you'll have a car, by all means this is a great place to stay. But, since 90% of the reason we chose this hotel was the location and "Airport Shuttle" we were very disappointed having to spend an extra $50 on taxis to/from the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BujTravels B
Thank you for the kind words regarding the staff. I will make sure that it is shared. We provide complimentary airport transportation during the hours of 7a to 11p and we hope that we can accommodate your needs during your next stay. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Check in was great, very friendly and informative staff. Arrived late, but the young lady who assisted with my check in was still smiling and very helpful in locating something to eat. This all while it appeared she was training a new staff member. The lobby was a little cluttered and things just seemed to be placed in no particular manner or order. The room was ok, but with some very disappointing areas. You would think a Hilton property to not have fixtures equivalent to a Motel 6, but the air deflector on the heating unit was very un-Hilton like. The I discovered the mattress on the bed did not match the size of the box frame, see pictures attached. I sat on the bed and lend against the headboard and the mattress slid down causing me to hit my head. I pulled up the bed linen's and noticed the difference in sizes. The bottom room door would not stay open unless you pushed it open enough to wedge it under the main door closer arm. The main and biggest problem I had with this hotel was being awakened at 9:30 am with a knock at the door, I get dressed and open the door to find the housekeeper standing there like she was ready to clean the room. It was clear that I had not checked out and it was still 2.5 hours before check out time. No apologies or appearance of wrong doing, she just walked away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind comments regarding the check in experience during your recent stay. We appreciate it and will share it with the staff. We also appreciate our guests bringing issues encountered during their stay so that we can constantly improve. I will share your comments with our staff so that we can address them promptly.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I was staying at the Hilton Garden Inn during the recent snowstorm that hit the Raleigh area. I was forced to my my meeting from my office to the hotel because I was concerned about transportation. Even the the weather caused a fully booked situation, and the hotel was short-staffed due to employees who were unable to get to work, this team did an incredible job. They never skipped a beat and my meeting went well. The staff did everything they could to ensure we had what we needed and were comfortable. There were several employees that worked 16 hour days and stayed at the hotel only to do it all over again, and they did it with smiles on their faces and without a complaint. Whenever I come back to this area, I will make sure I stay at this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Have been staying here for the last few days. The winter storm hit on Wednesday and we were snowed in. The hotel staff were exceptional. We were able to reschedule meetings in the hotel and were very well provided for. Food quality and service under extreme circumstances were excellent. Staff were friendly and went out of the way to be helpful

Danbury, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The food was great and reasonable priced, the well drinks were also good and reasonably priced. The room was large and clean, the fitness center was nice and clean and the restaurant was nice and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

"Well looked after" sums up all of our goals. It seems that you enjoyed all of our services from start to finish. Thank you! We strive to provide a "total" experience from check in to dining to check out. Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.