“Dinner With Friends”

Papa Mojo's Roadhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Seven of us went here the other night. Our reservation was at 7 because our friend was told that the music started at 8:30....not the case. Music didn't start until 9:30. We did not stay for the music so did not have to pay the $12/person cover charge which I think is too high. I had an appetizer of shrimp, much too small, and Andouille sausage and a side of rice with tasso gravy. Everything was tasty. The chocolate pecan tart was the hit of the desserts. It took our waiter over 30 minutes to get our bills straight(3 couples and a single).

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

The service was fantastic, my fiancé and I ordered the gator bites app, which was prepared perfectly, for lunch he ordered the catfish with étouffée on top, which was good, but the portion was small, I had the catfish po boy which was good, but the tartar sauce was a little sweet for my taste, the homemade fries are AMAZING! Overall good experience we will be back, only issue is $40 for lunch with waters seems high.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I recently had dinner at PaPa Mojo’s Roadhouse during a business trip to Durham. The restaurant is tucked away in a corner of an unassuming strip mall. Easy to miss if you don’t know it’s there but, well worth looking for. It’s your loss if you don’t find it! The interior décor is an eclectic mix of Cajun/Creole, Southern Louisiana and blues music memorabilia. It’s a small but inviting space.
PaPa Mojo’s starts your meal by serving a basket of small corn muffins with jalepeno peppers mixed in the batter. The muffins are topped with butter and honey. They were delicious! Not too hot with just the right amount of heat to make them totally enjoyable.
I ordered the Cajun sampler. It came with a cup each of Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice and Etouffee. I also ordered a link of Andouille sausage. All of the food was terrific. Flavored and spiced to perfection. Hot, but not the kind of heat that makes you sweat. You know it’s there but, it doesn’t overwhelm the senses. Served with a cold glass of Abita beer, the dinner was well worth the visit.
Service was fast and attentive. Our waiter was pleasant and personable.
If you’re looking for a little touch of Louisiana in NC, check out PaPa Mojo’s Roadhouse.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Our experience here was absolutely TERRIBLE! I was with a group of 11 people for Brunch. I had called a month ahead and made a reservation. Called back the day before to reconfirm. They said that they did not have the reservation book in front of them and would call me back. Never did. I called them the next morning and they said they did not have our group down, even though I had talked with the Manager when I made the reservation. They said no problem. From the minute we sat down, the waiter was so mixed up. Three of us got our food and that was it. The waiter said he made a mistake and punched in the orders wrong. So, while three people had their meal, the other seven waited 15 minutes. Still one of our guests did not get his meal. Another 15 minutes, he was served. No refills on coffee or any drinks. When one of our group asked for a Diet Coke- he was told they were all out. Really? Then, our bills came and what a mess! The waiter had added side dishes to some that our group did not order, he lost one of our group's bills, he gave everyone the wrong bill. He had no idea what he was doing. Two people in our party, once they paid, were owed about 80 cents in change. When they asked about the change, the waiter said "I just rounded it up" and did not return their change due. This was the worst service I had ever seen and through my work, I dine all over the Triangle, quite a bit. When I asked the waiter why this happened- he got an attitude with me. Never said "I am sorry" or tried to offer any reason. I asked to see a Manager. he came over, sat down and never said one thing. I tried to tell him what happened and he just sat there. He then got up, went to the kitchen and I never saw him again. I could not make this up! I have a call into the Owner. If a group of 11 is too overwhelming for you, then say that you only take groups of 5 when I called. These guests are very tolerant and were not demanding at all. Papa Mojo's does not seem to really care about their customers here and we can promise you we will NEVER go back or would I ever recommend this restaurant to anyone else. Food is OK, but also on the high price side. Not worth it. There are many great restaurants in the Triangle- don't waste your time or money on this one.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We went here after one of our party had been here previously and loved it. They seated us promptly, and let us know that our table was reserved later for people coming for the music. When that time came, they worked it out for us to stay and watch by rearranging the tables a bit. The food was very good, our waitress was awesome, and everyone had a great time!