“No Mo”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Chapel Hill, NC
“No Mo”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

When we first arrived here, the place was filled with smoke, as though they had a small grease fire. If we weren't meeting friends who were already there, I probably wouldn't have stayed. My wife asked about it as we were leaving and was told their ventilation system was not properly working. First, the beer selection: 3 beers on drought, all Abita. The bottled beer selection was better. I ordered the amber and was served an IPA. It took at least 10 minutes before I got the correct one.

The food was alright but I think my catfish was a little undercooked. The Skillet Fried Oysters appetizer were very good but rather expensive for the amount.

All in all, Papa Mojo's was average at best. I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon.

• Visited January 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Rude rude rude!!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We were seated next to a band that was just about to play. After we had finished our below average food the owner/manager asked us how long we were going to be as they wanted more room for the band. After about 2 minutes he then told us we have to leave or pay a cover charge for a band, which was not mentioned at all when we were seated! We have never been treated so badly before and will not be returning.

I get the impression they only care about it being a music venue as the food wasn't good and they didn't want us to be there. Just awful.

Rome, Pennsylvania
“A Return to Southern Cooking”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Last night we flew back to Raleigh-Durham and the five of us celebrated by going here. Our daughter Karin said that she had never eaten here before, but had heard good things from her co-workers at Durham Tech. We all ordered a variety of items--my shrimp and grits were the best I had ever had. Husband Guy had a poor boy sandwich, and Karin and Adam had red beans and rice, also garlic beans. Grandson Emmett went with french fries. We passed up having alligator!

• Visited November 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Fantastic brunch”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I've lived here for years and have always heard great things about this place; hidden in a strip mall. Tried it for the first time today and am kicking myself for not going sooner! We tried the beignets (hot and delicious), the shrimp and crab omelet (boyfriend loved it!), and the open-faced omelet with andouille sausage and sweet potato hash (oh so yummy). Portions were quite large and reasonably priced. Also got to enjoy some nice live music. Will definitely return, probably often.

• Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hankering for Cajun cooking and live music?”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Papa Mojo's is the choice for Louisiana style Cajun cooking in the Triangle. You can also catch live music here. Bring your appetite.

• Visited October 2012