“Awesome Place With Fresh, Fabulous Food!”

Dame's Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #23 of 804 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our second trip to Dame's...even better than the first. This time we brought "newbies" who just couldn't understand what we had been raving about. Now they do! We all had something different and shared bites of each. Truly everything was wonderful. The combinations of sweet & savory are what makes Dame's Irresistible! Here is my recommendation: Go to the website and make a reservation. That is the only way they take reservations and truly it is a small restaurant with people waiting for tables. What does that tell you? Dames is worth the wait! If you prefer a boring meal - don't go. If you can't imagine chicken AND waffles, you have to at least try. It's great, it's fun and it's worth the drive (for us 1 hr 20 minutes!) Love Dame's!!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Our family loved eating here. My first go at eating chicken and waffles and I'm afraid I set the bar too high! The children's portions were large enough to be adult plates. The schmears were yummy too. Overall it was a great meal!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My son chose this for his birthday dinner. I had never eaten here because it was always so crowded when I walked by and the premise did not seem appetizing. I found out having waffles for dinner works if they are served with a meat. I shared two dishes with my husband. One was a chicken with fruit sauce and the other was praline type of dish. They were both great. The service was great. Only problem was the noise. We had trouble hearing the server and each other. Some soundproofing would make this a perfect place. Not much of an alcohol selection either. Prices are reasonable for good food.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Such a delicious treat!! Infinite combos of interesting waffles, crispy-tender chicken, and perfect glazes and sauces. I had the honey mustard chicken with the orange sauce and greens on the side. GO HERE TO EAT but be prepared to wait in line, 'cause everyone else is there, too.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The breakfast food was the best I had in Durham. They have these flavored butters they call Shmears that add distinction to the food. The grits with cheese were good, so was the chicken.

1  Thank ewhite3rd